abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

2nd half of the original Battle Angel OAVs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keikai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: 2nd half of the original Battle Angel OAVs Reply with quote

While I have warrior-women (well kind-of) on my mind (and what male anime-fan doesn't? Wink), how about the 2nd half of the Battle Angel/Gunnm OAVs about Gally/Alita.

As far as I understand, the first two were rereleased on DVD which tells the first half of the story, which I have seen, and there was release on VHS by some small company of the 3rd and 4th a long time back. (I hope I'm getting my story straight, it's been over a year since Jiss and I researched this.) I have the manga, but I prefer watching anime before reading manga, particularly when they tell the same or similar story, so I've never read it.

Anyways, I guess I just felt like poking around for some rarer stuff. More curious if subbed encodes of these things exist than anything.

(Note: If anyone is aware of plans to release this on DVD, please let me know and I'll cancel the request, as I feel this is well worth buying.)
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure they exist? I thought they were just a myth like the Riding Bean TV series, Bigfoot, the perpetual motion machine and the fisherman who caught one "this<--------------------------------------> big".

You never read any of the manga? It's quite different. The anime mixes volume 01-02 of the manga together. By that I mean the first OAV is not a direct adaptation of volume 01 of the manga. It mixes elements of volume 01-02 together ie. Yugo is introduced in OAV 01 but doesn't show up in the manga until vol.02.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oblio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the manga is that is was sooooo depressing... totally different feel than the anime.

Anyway, I've only seen the first 2 as well...
Keikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuralblastoma wrote:
Are you sure they exist?

Strictly speaking? No. However, Jiss and I researched the subject a good bit a long time ago and he found some information about a company that released VHS (raw) episodes of them. Now how accurate that information was, I cannot say. I can ask him if he remembers more about it when next I speak with him.

Re: Manga - *nod* Thanks for the info
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum