abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Rurouni Kenshin tv 75-78

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Rurouni Kenshin tv 75-78 Reply with quote

Continuing this now eternal post, Rurouni Kenshin tv 75-78 will be put in abma starting tonight. The first two are the end of the *Christian* Arc. An Ending specific to ep 76 will also be posted just after that episode. Some may certainly want to use VirtualDub to merge the two -- unlike any other Kenshin episode, I almost kept the ending intact with the show, as one overlaps the other, but decided to be consistent with the rest of the post.

(inc)
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not of any great moment to anyone but me, but, amending the above, I looked at the ending of ep 76 again and decided that it was way too integral to post separately. Hence, I've appended it and will post it with the episode.

(inc)
anne_leigh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct me if i'm wrong, but are you saying that ep 76 contains an extra appended to it? i was kinda wondering coz my brother who downloaded your release [through newsgroups] said it's less than 150 mb or around that size, while when i downloaded 77-78, they're around 175-185 mb.

thanks
(inc)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All correct. The Kenshins have all been encoded in old divx3 l/m to approximately the same quality (as will be the rest of the post for consistency). This means the file size is a direct reflection of the amount of motion, color contrasts/tones, and the light/dark ratio. Thus, an episode that was directed with a lot of static scenes and dark backgrounds will be significantly smaller then one with the opposite.

One thing I’ve never done on any rips I’ve posted in aba/abma (this, RoLW, Utena, etc.) is try to force them all to the same file size – some episodes, just by the manner in which they were directed, require more BW then others. And on the other hand, there’s no reason to give BW to an episode that can’t really utilize it.

So ep 76 does actually include an ending specific to it, unlike any of the other 77 episodes I’ve posted, but it is smaller – due mainly to some very dark scenes. And the Ending itself has a black frame.

(inc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum