abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Escaflowne Movie - and a goodbye...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tobias Rieper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Escaflowne Movie - and a goodbye... Reply with quote

Okay, after finishing the series in a.b.a.vcd on Monday, I will post the Movie. My VCD version is really crappy, so I post an avi instead. It's a good quality one (528x296 nearly 700MB).
The post will start in a.b.m.a.r on Tuesday. This is a softsub, which was posted here before. (AFAIR by Orqy) There were two versions of the sub files. I don't know which one was better, so I'll include both.

Unfortunately, this will be my last post. On Saturday I'll permanently move to a new flat. It's only about 10 blocks away, but since Germany is still in the stoneage of broadband, the possibility of getting ADSL there is pretty low. Well, I have the option to get cable there... but they charge 3 cents per MB. Evil or Very Mad
With this or on a pay per minute ISDN line I can't even dare to take a look into the multimedia groups. So I have to leave here and get back to my old state as a silent a.b.p.e.a leecher. And if I can't get ADSL (which may take some months too) I'll never come back... Sad

Anyway, many thanks for the anime and all your support. My last 15 months being active (and "meta-active") here were quite an interesting experience.

T.Rieper
(inc)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! Shocked Tobias, you've been one of the *Rocks* in aba/abma/aba.vcd since you arrived. You'll be sorely missed, but I’ll take it in its best light and assume it’s only a temporary hiatus.

(inc)
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear hear! Tobias's involvement in the newsgroups will be missed.

Some of you may not even be aware how instrumental T.R was in the development of the PAR format that's altered the landscape of Usenet - you know, those P01, P02 files that saved your butt on more than one occasion. I remember the RFCs he posted back in the day and poo-pooing the idea myself then (I'm not much of a visionary!). I've eaten crow in spades since.

I hope you'll get hooked up very soon - at the least I hope you can maintain your presence through this board and within discussions in the newsgroups.

-xo
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the two previous replies have hit on, people will best remember you not just for the stalwart involvement in the anime newsgroups, but even more in the development of par. Like the rar format it has come to accompany, pars have become an essential part of usenet.

Of course best of luck to you with your move. Every time a longtime poster/member leaves, it lessens the community. Hopefully as you have mentioned, this haitus will just be a passing, but even if you don't return, perhaps you will remain vocal.

That being said, it's safe to say you've accomplished more than what many posters in binary groups will be able to do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go, TR. Your movin' and shakin' will be missed. I hope you can return some day.
Tobias Rieper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo wrote:
I remember the RFCs he posted back in the day and poo-pooing the idea myself then (I'm not much of a visionary!). I've eaten crow in spades since.

Hehe, the basic rule of revolution: A good idea is invincible...
BTW my initial proposal was posted here on the 2nd of July 2001, Beakers first spec draft was posted on the 3rd of July. So next week will be PAR's 1st birthday.

Quote:

I hope you'll get hooked up very soon - at the least I hope you can maintain your presence through this board and within discussions in the newsgroups.

But then I need the option to disable some forums of the board for my account. Otherwise it would be really depressing to look at the post, request and fansub forums. Confused

T.Rieper
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a bit late chiming in, but of I'd also like to say you'll be missed.
Good luck in your new appartment and I hope we'll hear from you again soon.

PS: Congratulations on the birthday of PAR. I'd say it has grown into quite a healthy "child". Smile
Keikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you'll be back soon, Tobias. Otherwise, thank you for all your contributions, you'll be missed.

You have my email should you need anything.
user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your move, Tobias, and as others have mentioned I hope your absence is only temporary.
Melchior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TR, enjoy your new flat. We'll all miss you around here, and your contributions to ABA/ABMA, as well as to binary usenet groups in general likely won't ever be forgotten.

Hope to see you back here again some day!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum