abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Fills server...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oblio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Fills server... Reply with quote

I'm sure some of you remember, but I was running a fills ftp server up until about 1 year ago when my bandwidth was slashed by Comcast. Comcast is now offering tiered service, which means that for a few dollars more I have regained the opportunity to share fills.

I have set up an experimental server here:
ftp oblio.dyndns.org
user parts
pass parts

pretty much the same as before... 4kB throttle, 5 users at a time. Most likely just posting this information will get me the test data I need. ^_^

========

Now, a quick comment: I'm not sure if I will provide this service long-term or not yet. I'm of half a mind that it is of little use with ABMAR and pars. I was always of the thought that it was important to minimize garbage bandwidth on the anime groups, but in the last year we have certainly seen plenty of that garbage and things seem to be ok.

Plus, I'm not sure that incomplete posts are really a problem anymore (except for those shit posts that never get out of Rogers).

So anyway, I'm considering using the bandwidth to host whole AVIs... I just haven't decided yet.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum