abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Grumble... Certain series seem to bring out the worst...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
I think that regardless of the strength of the language used in the FAQ or whether it takes the form of "DOs" or "DON'Ts", it is important to explain the reasons why. Reasoned arguments can be pointed to when people think we're just an evil oligarchy trying to impose arbitrary rules.

Agreed. A clear listing of "Don'ts" with reasons all in one place in the FAQ is what I meant. By 'forcefull' I simply meant clear and unambigious language to minimize the missunderstandings.

With reasons listed you hopefully open a channel for rational dialog with those that dissagree (and are capable of rational discussion Wink ) rather than flame wars ad infinitum.

A measured, non-reactionary, approach to improvements like that which seems to be the concensus in this thread is the best way to go IMO. Tards do come and go like red tide. Wink

(inc) wrote:
Next on the agenda might be these SVCD's going up at a disc/day.

Guess they need to be informed/reminded that alt.binaries.anime.vcd exists and has it's own FAQ up with posting guidlines outlined that they can be pointed at.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum