abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

What's the prefered Gundam SEED translation?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:12 am    Post subject: What's the prefered Gundam SEED translation? Reply with quote

Usually I tend to avoid the Gundams ( no offense intended at all, but I just can't get everything anymore Crying or Very sad and ), but I've been requested to grab SEED. Any suggestions on which sub? I already have the SI_&_Aoshi_&_AG of ep 1 which I had gotten a month ago just to sample and it seems fine, but I see that there are also:
- WPP
- A-K
- AJ
and, to complete the list, as mentioned:
SI_&_Aoshi_&_AG

Is there any reason just not to go with the last? I've noted that only WPP & (the obviously overworked) AJ seem to have gone up to ep 3).

Edited to add: Hmm... I see there are two AJ versions.

(inc)
Kuritorisu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't give you a definite answer with regards to SEED, my advice is to stay the hell away from Anime Junkies. It's my general rule after seeing what they did to King of Bandit Jing.
Chung

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd about concurr with the A-J opinion.. while their work on Ai Yori Aoshi wasn't so bad.. there were some things I did see in HeatGuy J that were really... sad. I would think knowing your numbers in translation would be a basic, so you would get san sai confused with 4 years old..

Back to topic, I've got the Aoshi-partnered version, and I'll likely stick with it. The WPP version.. well, let's just say that "gwaaaahh" translated to sh*t kinda turns me off in two ways to their subs.

As for A-K, if that's Anime-Kissaten, haven't seen their version.. but if all their subbers are like the one I know that works with them, I'd think they should be ok.
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Chung and Kuritorisu. Heh, I'm familiar with some of the problems A-J has had. Wish they'd pass their stuff through one more edit cycle.

The Aoshi seems fine and I'm just going to go with that.

(inc)
Kuritorisu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung,
Quote:
As for A-K, if that's Anime-Kissaten, haven't seen their version.. but if all their subbers are like the one I know that works with them, I'd think they should be ok.

A-K for Gundam SEED is actually Anime-Kraze, I think. While they're better than AJ in most respects, they too could benefit from an additional editing pass. I downloaded their episode 4 and am probably not going to bother replacing it (nevermind that the Aoshi post was completely bunk for me Sad)

(inc),
Quote:
Heh, I'm familiar with some of the problems A-J has had. Wish they'd pass their stuff through one more edit cycle.

No amount of edit cycles can make up for a lack of knowledge of Japanese. When even I can spot/hear errors...something's not quite right. Rolling Eyes

AJ could also work on their encoding. They seem to have very good access to raws, as shown by the volume of their releases... but the encodes are pretty rough and just plain nasty in some cases.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum