abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Anyone have any info on this news server?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saeren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Anyone have any info on this news server? Reply with quote

http://www.teranews.com/

It says it's a free unlimited access news server. They limit you to 50 megs a day, which bites, but it could be a good back up to my very low retention ISP server.

Anyone have any information on this? Retention, propogation, download speeds and such? Do they try to slip spyware to you or something. Seems a bit too good to be true.
_elle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Well,it works... Reply with quote

Note that downloading headers also counts towards the daily 50 MB download limit. Mad

Retention is nice. Last time I counted, it was around 20 days. I could check again but that would be a pain. Evil or Very Mad

I'd say a good 90%+ shows up.Although yesterday (might be the day before yesterday.. weird sleeping patterns ya know), it crapped out on a few posts.

Download speeds vary. Sometimes it's as good as my ISP's ngs and other times.... Mad

There's the little one-time "fee" but just for fills, it works. So far, using it to post has gone pretty well. Have to see how the Shin Hakkenden 02 post goes tho. Twisted Evil
_elle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Just an update Reply with quote

Hmm... interesting... Wonder what they're up to.

Today,it's retention is up to 7 days with around 80% complete. Gee.. like predicting the weather. Twisted Evil
Saeren

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I think I'll check it out and see how it does.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum