abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

AnimeNFO: any news?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarfTheCat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: AnimeNFO: any news? Reply with quote

Anyone could gave me info about the current down of site?
Thanks a lot

Bye
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe...

I was just about to ask this question myself. Wink

The domain stopped resolving for me a few days ago. Perhaps someone forgot to pay thier reg fees?

I hope they work out whatever trouble they're having soon. It really sucks to become dependant on a site and have it go bye-bye. AnimeNFO.com had become my first stop when looking for info/synopsis on anime as well as info on fansubs/groups. One of the 4 anime sites I hit most often along with abma.d, animeusenet.org, and animenewsnetwork.com. Hope they aren't dead for good. Crying or Very sad

Checking networksolutions (solutions Hah!!!) it looks like the domain is still registered and has plenty of milage left on it. His dns seems to be handled by Dynamic DNS Network Services (www.dyndns.org) so maybe that's where the trouble is. Could be any number of things so I guess I'll go back to trying (badly) to be patient and hopefull.
Melchior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnimeNFO's domain registration is OK-- the domain's registered until 2004, although it looks like some update to the domain was made yesterday.

www.qwho.com wrote:

Registrant:
Suryadi Suryadi
390 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario M5T2S6
CA

Registrar: DOTSTER
Domain Name: ANIMENFO.COM
Created on: 11-OCT-00
Expires on: 12-OCT-04
Last Updated on: 10-JAN-03

Administrative Contact:
.COM, AnimeNFO webmaster@animenfo.com
-
Toronto, ON 123456
CA
(123)456-7890

Technical Contact:
.COM, AnimeNFO webmaster@animenfo.com
-
Toronto, Ontario 123456
CA
(123)456-7890

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.MYDYNDNS.ORG
NS2.MYDYNDNS.ORG
NS3.MYDYNDNS.ORG
NS4.MYDYNDNS.ORG
NS5.MYDYNDNS.ORG

End of Whois Information

xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you whose nameservers haven't refreshed:

www.animenfo.com wrote:

AnimeNfo's provider refused to fix DNS problem (well actually I think they are quite happy that a major resource hog is gone)
No, AnimeNfo is not dead yet, and currently is looking for alternatives
It's quite hard to find a host for AnimeNfo (it consumes 150 GB/month... for an info site? you're joking or what?). Also don't forget about the constant server load Smile
Question, Concern, Comment, Headache, Suggestion? => animenfo2003@yahoo.com (temporary)

150 GB/month? My word! This site (abma.x-maru.org) has totalled less than 9 GB since inception in July 2001.

Man, I'm small time.

-xo
earthdark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Bathrust, next time it mysteriously stops working, I can knock and his door and ask why...
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update from the site for those who still can't see it.

www.animenfo.com wrote:

Update:

AnimeNfo's provider is still refusing to fix their NS (not a funny joke actually after 4 days of requesting to fix it)... but that's okay, since I can always use other NS service. This problem does not apply to you (yes! I meant you) since you can see this page. But there are a lot of other people who still can't even see this page (including myself.. very funny indeed).

AnimeNfo will be back online as soon as possible. Bandwidth problem solved.. (it's actually not a bandwidth problem -- at least not what my provider said), but I will still find a solution to reduce bandwidth usage in time (just in case).

Question, Concern, Comment, Headache, Suggestion? => animenfo2003@yahoo.com (temporary)

PS: Thanks for all the messages Smile
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just checked AnimeNFO.com yet again in the hopes they got thier DNS snafu sorted out and lo and behold they did. It's back up (for now at least). WooHoo!!! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum