abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Re-encoding -Hardsubbing A Tree of Palme ---HELP!!??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRantagain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re-encoding -Hardsubbing A Tree of Palme ---HELP!!?? Reply with quote

I've been trying to Hardsub the AH rip of A Tree of Palme using Virtualdub but no matter what I try it's always a bloody mess, I think it's because of that XvID--FFshow crap
Anybody know of a method to do it?
superjaded

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, you could be a little less vague, you know?

1) what's a "bloody mess?"
2) what build date of XviD are you using?
3) what are your encoding settings?
4) what filters are you running? subtitle filter?
5) what format are the subs in? SSA, .sub, .srt?

Of course, you could always skip hardsubbing it -- download a copy of VobSub from doom9 and just use DirectVobSub to softsub it (simply make sure the sub file has the same filename as your video (ie; Blah.ssa to Blah.avi))and DVobSub will auto-detect the subs and overlay them properly.)..
TheRantagain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found the problem.
You need FFdshow to watch the movie or you just get a smeared blurrry picture from the avi's. But VirtualDub can't use FFDshow because it is a Directshow filter. Thus anything needing FFdshow cannot be re-encoded by Virtualdub.
By the way I've got DirectVobSub but I'm planning to make VCD's to watch so I have to convert them to MPEG.

EO video to the rescue. Don't know how the program works exactly but it must pass through Directshow. In fact when I use it to encode the avi's it even does the subbing for me. The DirectVobSub icon pops up. I think it's actually playing the vids and converting it directly from what is played.
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use textsub and avisynth and encode it directly to vcd in virtualdub.

LoadPlugin("C:\textsub.vdf")
AviSource("C:\Source.avi")
TextSub("C:\Source.srt")

This simple 3 line avs file will work fine. No need to re-encode.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum