abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Nausicaa English Manga

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Nausicaa English Manga Reply with quote

While I'm not terribly into manga or, for that matter, comics, I did notice that Book 1 of the english publication of the Nausicaa manga is being posted in alt.binaries.pictures.comics.reposts, in case anyone is interested. The post started on the 23rd, though.

Subject:
<Nausicaá of the valley of wind Book one> part 1. -=Not My Scan=- [001/147] - yEnc "NV01-001.JPG" (0/7)

Anyways, since it's based on the anime movie (I assume the movie came first) and it's Miyazaki, _someone_ has to be interested. Smile
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie is based on Miyazaki's manga.

Read more here:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/nausicaa/faq.html#manga
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's rather tremendously embarrasing. That's what I get for breaking my own rule and publically stating an assumption that I had no grounds to make. Thanks for pointing out my error, though, NB.

Good to see you, btw, you've seemed quieter recently.
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly being lazy I guess(look how long it took me to reply).

I haven't gotten many new #AVCD VCD's or SVCD's to post to ABAV recently. Just some episodes of Those Who Hunt Elves, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen and Pretty Sammi OAV 01.

I probably shouldn't bother posting those since I don't have the whole series.

I'll be back posting at full throttle by sometime in March though.

I'm slowly building a new system, buying one to three parts per month which should be done in March.

Once it's all put together and running, I'll start ripping several VHS tapes(some fansubs, some commercial) of titles that still, for whatever reason have no DVD release. Some titles such as Combustible Campus Guardress, never even got a VHS release in North America. I also looked for a R2 DVD of that and there doesn't appear to be one.

Since my new system will MUCH faster than the one I have now, I'll probably encode everything in both DivX and SVCD.

DivX to ABA/ABMA and SVCD to ABAV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it happens, at Eldest Daughter’s recommendation I read the full English version of NotVotW last Summer (heh, yes, the actual books, not a post ). Really, really enjoyed it, and I’m not much of a manga reader either.

Easily avoided really boring personal side note: years ago it was her fault I ever even paid any attention to anime beyond the Sailormoon and DBZ that I assiduously avoided on tv, when, as I was pretty familiar with alt.binaries usage, she asked me to see what anime, if any, might be posted in abm. Now you know who to blame for my unrelenting presence here… Razz

(inc)
Melchior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Nausicaa translated manga a couple years ago and I *really* enjoyed it. Takes a while to get through it (took Miyazaki a decade to write/draw it all, and it's pretty long, and I like looking at the details in his drawings), but it's definitely worth reading.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum