abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Can someone give us a Nandub .vcf file to play with?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcleech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Can someone give us a Nandub .vcf file to play with? Reply with quote

Can someone post a copy of their Nandub .vcf processing settings file? I’ve gone to all the suggested web sites and tried all the suggestions but my encodes never even approach the quality seen in current digital fansubs. I know that each encode is different and that tweaking is always needed to get it just right. However, it’d be helpful for me, and a lot of other people out there, to see a settings file that was actually used to create a digisub so that we can see what settings we should be playing around with. I’ve actually asked for help from most distro groups that have their own forums but I still haven’t gotten any info on creating a good encode. Are these trade secrets or something?

Thanks in advance

DC
asdf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you use 2 pass? do the first past first then once you get the stats, mess around with the settings for the second pass providing that you didn't change the video picture or size.
dcleech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asdf wrote:
did you use 2 pass? do the first past first then once you get the stats, mess around with the settings for the second pass providing that you didn't change the video picture or size.

yep. that's what everyone suggests. it looks decent (almost asf quality). but not up to the quality that i see these days.

dc
NekoYasha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nandub SBC is being used less and less anymore. Really it doesn't offer much the current XVID and DivX codecs can't and they're both much easier to get good results from.

Still, I think a lot of the quality difference you may see had less to do with the encoding settings and more to do with the pre-processing encoders do. For example, if your source is NTSC getting the de-telecine right is an important step. Also some smoothing and temporal filtering are a big influece on how low a bitrate you can use and still get clean results.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum