abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

FAQ: Revision Complete

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keikai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: FAQ: Revision Complete Reply with quote

I just sent my last changes to xo for publication on the site and conversion to text, so it should be up within the next day or two.

Some important points are in the opening section and I wanted to mention them here:

Quote:
This Revision
Many significant changes were made to the FAQ in this revision. There have been some layout changes, particularly to the multimedia formats sections. There have also been some major rewrites. This includes the posting section. I have made every effort to make the new listings of the AB(M)A rules and guidelines as close an approximation to a group concensus as possible. When there are differing points of view, I tried to relate them according to the strengths of the arguments made in their case and according to general popularity in the group, since non-vocal contributors must also be taken into account. No one will agree with every point in this section, just as I do not. However, I put a great deal of time into this by merging the many discussions we've had about those subjects over the past couple of years. Furthermore, it is not, of course, aimed at the existing regular contributors, most of whom already follow the rules. Most of us, who have been around for a while, have our own styles for posting and I am not suggesting that any of that should change. However, there have, on quite a few occasions, been a call for this to be done, and I believe I have succeeded in doing so in a fair and group-minded fashion.
The Next Revision
The next revision is planned for the near future. A very few sections of this FAQ are noted as being incomplete, and I will work on them for then. Additionally, it will contain the incorporation of those notes that did not make it into this revision and a rewrite of much of the *NIX sections by xo. I am going to start marking sections that would benefit from some outside submissions. If you have pertinent information related to these sections, please submit them as annotations and they will be added to the FAQ itself in the future. There are several large annotations that have not yet been merged, this is not because they did not "merit" inclusion. Rather, it is because I want to give those annotations the time they deserve.

Either xo or I will post a notification here when it's published to the site.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version is now up.

Much thanks to Keikai for a fairly significant revision organizationally. The formats section has been really cleaned up, and the posting page is now quite thorough and covers a lot of the stuff that have been discussed here and in the groups proper over the past few months. I think it goes a long way towards bringing up a new generation of intelligent posters (or I may be hopelessly optimistic).

-xo
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy [applause] Very Happy

(inc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum