abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Addendum to site. Hot Deals section proposal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Addendum to site. Hot Deals section proposal Reply with quote

Addendum to site. (Is that even a word?)

I was thinking maybe add a section somewhere with hot deals, kinda like some hardware forums do? I dunno how viable it'd be since I don't know how much traffic would actually go through there, but people could post good deals on anime dvds, vhs, otherwise. For instance, I was just browsing, and saw Ranma OAV for $50. Which is cheaper than when I preordered it 2 years ago.

Don't take this that seriously, I didn't think about it that hard myself, and I'm sure there's probably going to be a good number of reasons why there shouldn't. But as always, let's discuss!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

egads, I've been doing this all night, (being absent minded)

but the link to the thing I was looking at.
http://shop.hitmenow.com/product.detail.hmn?ProductID=013023044296
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I certainly don't have the time or inclination to spend a lot of time shopping around so having those kind of efforst shared sounds like a good idea.

I think the best/easiest way to implement that would be to spin off a new forum for that purpose.

One concern: abuse in the form of spam, unsolicited advertising, etc. I suppose this site and its userbase is small enough that that is probably not a big concern.

I'd like to hear what others think.

-xo
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going into the suggestion, but http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/ always gets 'good' cheap results for me. The cheapest link in there for this title is even the same one. I've never seen that shop listed before though, so it does seems they update their db as well.

Speaking of updates; everybody saw the news of a few days ago that DVDProfiler 2 (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/dvdpro/whatsnew.shtml) is in the works? I hope it has unicode support now...
Gorunova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that creating a forum for this purpose is of limited value compared to just having the occasional "where to buy" thread. The problem I see with making it an ongoing thing is that it will get cluttered with temporary sales and other soon-obsolete information.
Anime Janai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if some items get old because if the expiration date is posted in the subject line, there isn't a problem. Here is an example of such a forum by an anime club here in Bellevue (satellite city of Seattle).

http://www.genkibcc.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=7

We usually don't list the normal things like dvdpricesearch, or announcements of items by retail places like AnimeNation because those are kind of normal. Basically, the forum serves to give a heads up on the possibly more unusual bargains that members might miss out on or a specific link to a bargain.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum