abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

A few requests to fill holes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:38 pm    Post subject: A few requests to fill holes Reply with quote

Well, I'll be back to a skinny pipe again quite soon and I've got a couple holes I'd like to get filled in the week or so of broadband I've got left.

1st: FLCL episodes 3 & 5

2nd: Armitage III OVA ep's 3 & 4

Damn I'm gonna miss these groups. Crying or Very sad I don't think I'll be able to pull much with ISDN but I might try to keep grabbing a few things a month. I hope Adelphia (who promised cable access would be in by last april) or Sprint will get off thier backsides and get broadband service to me at my new place soon.
Keikai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss of broadband. I was hoping to help you out but am shocked to see I'm not really in a position to. The Armitage OAVs I intentionally skipped since there was no doubt for me that I was going to buy them. But FLCL I thought I'd have what you needed. But a search of my database only came up with:

FLCL - 03.avi
Furikuri 05.{FLCL}.avi

The ep 3 I have is from February of 2000, which was before I started cataloguing whether things were subtitled, so I'll have to pull the CD to see if it is. Even the ep 5 was from March of 2001. I don't seem to have any of the more recent postings...I'm not sure why. Odds are that these are not very HQ by today's standards.

So I'd recommend seeing if anyone else has one of the newer encodes that have been posted according to animeusenet (and if they do that they post them as opposed to other means). Otherwise, let me know and I'll locate these.
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Thanks for checking.

I know it's an effort to dig through old stuff cuz I just did it to find the Tenamonya Voyagers episodes Gorunova wanted to make a matched set. I need to setup a database to catalog what I have. Guess that's something I'll have plenty of time to do soon (been waiting to get linux back up and runnig too cuz I'd prefer to deal with a *nix environment). Wink

I intend to try and keep an eye on the groups and maybe with Easynews' help I'll be able to grab a couple things a month even with ISDN's skinny pipe.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could also fill FLCL 3 and 5 if you want, but mine are probably the same ones Keikai has. Just give the word.

As for armitage - I don't know what the situation is. I have an "Armitage III" which is a large RealMovie, but I have it filed as a movie instead of an OAV. I dunno if it's the whole thing in one shot, or just the first episode.
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
I could also fill FLCL 3 and 5 if you want, but mine are probably the same ones Keikai has.

Don't fret. Smile I'll try keeping my eye on the groups for the impending dvd rips of 3-6 which I'm sure will come soon enough... I figure I can grab a few things a month with Easynews' help even with ISDN. At least I plan to try. I just can't go totally cold turkey... I just can't! Wink

As far as Armitage goes I was refering to the rereleased OVA which I think was being put up as 4 episodes. I have the first 2 and have been waiting patiently for 3-4. My request for them was more wishfull thinking than serious hence my note that I know they haven't gone up in ABA/ABMA yet. (Grrr... I just noticed that I didn't note that here on the BB... I did in my REQ post on the groups... Sorry bout that.)

I already have Polymatrix (movie hacked from the OVA) and Dual Matrix (sequal movie).

P.S. Gorunova could you let me know if my description of the Tenamonya Voyagers episode I posted is relatively accurate. I'd like to be a bit more definitive with subject/0/nfo for ep2 when I put it up. At least be positive it's dual audio with english softsubs and such so as not to dissapoint anyone grabbing it. (damn my ancient hardware that can't handle divx5 or ogm's well)
Keikai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a DVD rip is posted, if you have trouble getting it on the new pipe, just let me know ASAP (in case I miss it) and I'll pop it onto my FTP for you. Then you can pull it more slowly and not worry about it.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaughnCynic wrote:
P.S. Gorunova could you let me know if my description of the Tenamonya Voyagers episode I posted is relatively accurate. I'd like to be a bit more definitive with subject/0/nfo for ep2 when I put it up. At least be positive it's dual audio with english softsubs and such so as not to dissapoint anyone grabbing it. (damn my ancient hardware that can't handle divx5 or ogm's well)

Can't you tell by just looking at the file properties? Explorer normally says "DivX codec" for divx5, and something else for other formats.

It'll be a couple of days before I finish downloading episode 1. I'm behind on downloads now that Shaw completion suddenly got good.
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Keikai. Smile

Gorunova,

Never mind I guess. Just me being lazy and not liking to be uncertain about what's in my subject/0/nfo. No divx5 installed and on top of that I think the subs are choking the damn SubTitDS filter (crashing it... I should uninstall it and let vobsub handle that but...). I'm also too lazy to get the tools to take the ogm apart to see what the streams are inside it. Never done any encoding or anything with this old box.

I'll just stick ep 2 up with the same mildly uncertain info. No complaints so far. Maybe I'm just being a bit anal? Wink

Need to build myself a new box really soon (though I've had little motivation knowing I'd be without bandwidth). Seeing Neuralblastoma back with a new box makes me turn a pale shade of green with envy. Wink

Edit: I see Coelcoeth just stuck up FLCL 3 in ABMAR.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum