abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

New April anime

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: New April anime Reply with quote

Yup, I know I've posted all my thoughts about all the new series elsewhere here. Oh well... Razz

Just wanted to express my surprise how much better the A-Kraze sub of of Scrapped Princess is (off ep 1) than the one I was originally going to keep, Keep-ANBU. This wouldn't have been my normal expectation. The Keep-ANBU version isn't bad, but it reads like it needed one more editing pass to smooth it out, while the A-Kraze version flows so much better grammatically. Of course the K-ANBU is sized at 4/disc, the A-K at 3/disc so that may be a deciding factor for some.

(inc)
Onakra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the deciding factor was the font (and it's colors) used in the anime-kraze version. I could hardly read it when viewing it on my TV, even after some serious squinting. So I decided to go for the keep-anbu version anyway; nice clean font to look at. I use the subtitles only to fall back on when I don't understand something in the Japanese language, so the (small) issues with the grammar aren't very important to me since I don't read that many complete sentences anyway.

There's one screenshot that even made my choice more clear to myself in this thread: http://www.wtf-anime.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28 (1st post in there) it's the overuse of the smooth filter in the a-kraze version. The screenshots compare a raw with the a-kraze version, not the keep-anbu one, but in the latter that kind of filtering isn't used.
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mumble, mumble.... Looked at yet 2 more fan-subs of the first ep of Scrapped Princess (guess I like the series). Got to admit the loss of visual detail in the a-kraze one was kind of getting to me. Looks like I'm switching to the Ishin-Solar sub: 4/disc, sharp video and the sub seems decent, though it still doesn't flow as quite as smoothly. Grabbed and *forced* the first two parts of Anonymous Fansubbers new post of it also -- wasn't too bad either, off of the couple of minutes I had available to watch.

(inc)
Kai-Jinn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I deleted my a-k in version of the ishin/solar as well. The huge size difference was really the deciding factor. And, Ishin's looked much better. Didn't even bother dling Anonymous Fansubbers... but I guess ill check that out as well.

I didn't mainly because of this:

Quote:

There will be no more eps from this group.
Enjoy the show.

no repost -
no more pars scheduled - unless really necessary

And I kinda like to have all of the series by the same group whenever possible.
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got the Ishin-Solar version of Scrapped Princess, I wouldn't d/l the Anonymous-Fansubbers version.

Also, a word about Stellvia of the Universe -- I've watched the first 4 episodes now. Don't draw any conclusions about this series until you've seen the first 3 anyway. It has a higher level of satire/comedy then I, for one, anticipated....the heroine even has an Osaka doll, and they seem, at times, to be trying for at least a little of that Azumanga Daioh feel. Don't know how that will mix with its *gotta-save-the-world-right-now* stuff though, but the series may be worth more of a try then I first thought.

(inc)
Kai-Jinn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Stellvia isn't terrible.

Did you watch Firestorm? Ugh.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum