abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Need help with DVD rip (please read)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Need help with DVD rip (please read) Reply with quote

recently i keep coming across this strange accurance....whenever i try to rip a DVD (using DVDx 2.2) i get sound that does not match the video (the sound is not off ie: few seconds behind) for example the audio will suddenly jump to match the audio that is sappose to be at that current frame ive never had this happen before and i have no idea how to fix it....if anyone has any idea what this might be please help me out....i can offer more info if u like i can even send u a small avi file that has this mistake in it....

in additon, as far as ive noticed this only accurs during active scenes (like an opaning ie: lots of action) regular scenes dont appear to have this error...

unless i fix this or someone offers some help it doesnt look good for me ripping anything and in turn posting it
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used DVDx, but it just sounds like your computer can't keep up with the A/V streams. Have you tried your test avi on a stronger box? Hehe, and, yes, for all I know you're already running at 3G+... Smile

Why don't you post your sample avi in alt.binaries.test

(inc)
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my computer is a pentium 4 2.5GHz 512MB DDR ram and 120GB HDD so i dont think that the processor speed is the problem....using DVDx it rips at 37 fps (frams per second) unless thats whats causing the problem
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is an option that i can check or uncheck its called audio/video sincronization if thats unchecked i dont get the previous error but in most areas there will be a small 1 or so sceond pause where there just is no audio and there should be.....its not the DVD ive tired it on many other DVDs the same thing happens
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im starting to think that it might be my dvd drive
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried DVDx with a Cowboy Bebop disc and saw the same thing.
As I've riped more then a few things with my current drive, it would seem to be the app to me -- it seems to have problems with A/V sync. It produces what you're seeing if you turn on *A/V sync* (so it won't overflow a buffer) and off *force 24Hz*.

(inc)
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what would u recomend that i do.....if u have a really good ripping program im willing to give that a shot
Keikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really care about ripping, you should go read some of the tutorials over at http://www.doom9.org/. It is, without a doubt, the best site for learning how to properly encode rips. In the end, it's often technique and patience that will yield a great rip, although, luckily, modern tools and codecs are helping to simplify things.

The DivX/XviD section is at:
http://www.doom9.org/divx-encoding.htm
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when you're there, try some of the most *tried & true* tools first -- say SmartRipper and Flask -- and see how they work for you.

(inc)
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God no, don't use FlaskMPEG or DVDx, use Gordian Knot or like said, read the tutorials on how to encode. The best method is dvd2avi->avs->virtualdub. Then you can convert the ac3 to wav or mp3 with BeSweet and multiplex with nandub, or if you don't want ac3/vbrmp3 you can use virtualdub and encode it to mp3 there. Trust me, don't use DVDx or FlaskMPEG. It's also hard on your disc drive, since it takes so long to encode.
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive already tried FLASK and it works pretty good something thats about 30 min long takes around 40 min to encode i have to rip the dvd and a single episode (about 30 min) takes 2 or 3 minutes to rip so for now this is working fine and harddrive space is not a real probmlem for me since i have like 120 GB......i did download that program that u were talking about and im gonna give it a shot....i see how it works.....thanks for ur help
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do use Gordian Knot for encoding it (where you let it calculate the bitrate and encode it etc) I'd advise either using divx3 or divx5.0.2. Since DivX5.0.3 came out, it's incompatible with the bitrate distribution of Gordian Knot. Most people use Gordian Knot to create the avs file and encode in VirtualDub. I wrote a tutorial for my brother a while back and it has proven useful for begginers that I've shown it to:

http://ravensgarage.com/~leonsite/divx/
NeoGearX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks Smile
MasterYoshidino

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a basic walkthru
http://masteryoshidino.adultbouncer.com/encoding.htm
I recommend you use AviSynth and VirtualDub/Nandub to encode
Filters are important if filesize is important. Read the doom9 forums
http://forum.doom9.org

a lil tip is use some spatial then follow with temporal, if you do it rite, it should look as good as how lack of random noise my Chobits eps are coming out Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum