abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Problems with "DX50."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Problems with "DX50." Reply with quote

I hope y'all can help me out of this pickle. I just downloaded Keep&ANBU versions of "Kiddy Grade," episodes 21 - 24, and when I tried to play them, the video/audio went all screwy and skipped a few seconds. (This happened on WMP, Divx Player, BS Player, Core Media Player). It would play just fine for a few seconds, and then screw up. I went and used "Nic's Mini AviCC Changer," and this is what it said:

FourCC Description Code: xvid
FourCC Used Code: DX50

I have installed all the latest divx and xvid codecs, and yet I can't seem to play the files. I could play xvid files before, but this is the first time I've encountered the DX50 thingy, and it doesn't work on my comp. What do I have to do to make it so that I can actually watch the files? =D Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

P.S. Btw, I tried changing the "DX50" part to "divx" and "xvid" but they didn't work either.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agh. Stupid me. Fixed the prob. Just ignore this post.

Sorry.
zanson

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with "DX50." Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I went and used "Nic's Mini AviCC Changer," and this is what it said:

FourCC Description Code: xvid
FourCC Used Code: DX50

Glad you got it fixed. I don't understand why people set 4cc's up like this, change the 2nd one to XVID and that will make it play using XVID, currently its setup to be decoded using Divx 5, even though it is saying xvid was used to make it.
The setup that pisses me off even more then this though is that DIVX is the 4cc registered by divx 4, but people make Divx 5 files using that 4cc instead of DX50.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Info All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum