abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Xvid softsub-files ???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRantagain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Xvid softsub-files ??? Reply with quote

Anybody know how to pull the actual sub file from those Xvid avi's where the sub file is part of the avi.
If it was an ogm I'd just demux it but I can't seem to find any tools for splitting whatever this new format is.
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oo

I've not encountered such a thing... Nor heard of. Are you sure it's not OGM and just renamed AVI?
TheRantagain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Mado King Granzort stuff from Animeheaven. They're Xvid files but use Vobsub to show the subtitles. Without it on it's just raw.
I renamed them to ogm just to check and tried all the ogm software I've got but none of them recognize the format.
VirtuaLDub will open the avi files but with weird results.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRantagain wrote:
It's the Mado King Granzort stuff from Animeheaven. They're Xvid files but use Vobsub to show the subtitles. Without it on it's just raw.
I renamed them to ogm just to check and tried all the ogm software I've got but none of them recognize the format.
VirtuaLDub will open the avi files but with weird results.

Howdy, try this tool;

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/kadath/oggexplore/

Hope this helps. All my other efforts to obtain OggDemux have failed. It does excist though (see www.google.com/advanced_search )
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hope this helps. All my other efforts to obtain OggDemux have failed. It does excist though (see www.google.com/advanced_search )

Hmm, these pages contain demuxers (haven't tried them myself):
windows: http://cyrius.bunkus.org/
linux: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/
zanson

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His file is not an ogg.... But virtualdub mod might be able to rip it out, I know it supports multiple streams in avi's.

(Yes this topic is old, but since someone brought it to the front someone reading it might want to know the answer =) And its not as bad as the 1+ year old topics people have been replying to lately.)
LeonMcNichol

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about graphedit? I know that was the original way of demuxing ogm files, might work for this.
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to play aheaven's mado king avi's without issue (with the subs displaying). It seems to be using the vobsub 2.23 to load the subs...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum