abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Proposed: ab(m)a will only allow Newbies in every 3 months

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Proposed: ab(m)a will only allow Newbies in every 3 months Reply with quote

Proposed: ab(m)a will only admit Newbies every 3 months...say at every equinox and solstice. That way there can be periods of peace and quiet.

Well, I can wish, can't I. Razz

(inc)
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this in a movie once: if we all wish really hard, maybe...just maybe it will come true.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gorunova

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Mock-serious) Now, now, be nice. Attitudes like this will only reinforce the impression that the anime groups are ruled by an overbearing elite.

Smile

I think nearly all newbies are OK - they're the silent ones we never butt heads with. It's the ones who can't understand why rules exist that are a problem - the Usenet anarchists. The only way I know of to deal with these types is to patiently explain why the rules exist. I think we generally do a good job of this.

A related problem is the accusation that we're poster-unfriendly or hostile to the fansub groups. I really don't understand this, since we're just trying to get the data moving more effectively. Some people seem to think we should all be bending over and kissing the posters' and fansubbers' asses, but that smacks of the childish pecking orders you see in the warez groups. If the posters post shit, we're not obligated to put up with it. We'd rather be rid of such posters.

There are also the handful of oldbies like That Guy and Mad Hatter who actively try to make trouble, but they're a different kind of problem.
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...That Guy and Mad Hatter...
I know, I know... Maybe they're all GUTB in different guises....or not....

Agree with you G. "Some people seem to think we should all be bending over and kissing the posters' and fansubbers' asses..." Interestingly, and maybe expectedly, that attitude never seems to come from the subbing groups themselves, or even posters. It seems to be primarily a Leech phenomenon.

Most of the flames against the Elitists-Oldtimers (whoever that nebulous group is/was Laughing ) used to concern hentai posts...at least that beast hasn't reared its head in the current round of *discussions*.

And speaking of anachists, anyone else notice the increase in numbers of those arguing against the implimentation of the faq who then proclaim (seemingly proudly) that they've never looked at it.

(inc)
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:

And speaking of anachists, anyone else notice the increase in numbers of those arguing against the implimentation of the faq who then proclaim (seemingly proudly) that they've never looked at it.
(inc)

Pride in ignorance seems to be becoming exceedingly popular, and not just on Usenet.

Sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orqyman

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to administer a cyber-beatdown.

I can wish too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum