abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Death of UATA for high end drives?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Death of UATA for high end drives? Reply with quote

With all the new SATA's out there, WD seems to be starting to dump their 250G/8M UATA drives (and down). http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3620115

Granted it takes a rebate for that $200 price, but this would indicate to me that the shift to SATA at the high-end is finally nearing the end game.

(inc)
zanson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Death of UATA for high end drives? Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:
With all the new SATA's out there, WD seems to be starting to dump their 250G/8M UATA drives (and down). http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3620115

Granted it takes a rebate for that $200 price, but this would indicate to me that the shift to SATA at the high-end is finally nearing the end game.

(inc)

Actually that kind of price/rebate is pretty normal. Most large drives get 50-100+ off rebates fairly often. I got my 120gb drive for like 90 after $150 in rebates a year back.

[edit]
Also remember labor day sales are still going on until tomorrow (friday) at many places.
[/edit]
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, rebates are common, but haven't been on that drive, AFAIK. Best price you can get on the same drive but with an SATA interface is 50% more.

(inc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum