abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

what kind of newsgroup - program do you use?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD M

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo wrote:

The only downside is that it names incomplete/partials with a suffix to sort of designate that it was broken and the command-line par2 utility doesn't have the ability to handle files unless they are named exactly right. So, a little renaming is in order.

Then nget must not call par2cmdline optimally...

Look at the following "par2 v t2.par2 *" output in which par2cmdline picks up on a misnamed
.jpg file _and_ a misnamed par2 file:

Loading "t2.par2".
Loaded 82 new packets
Loading "t2.vol1+1.par2".
Loaded 1 new packets including 1 recovery blocks
Loading "crap.par2".
Loaded 1 new packets including 1 recovery blocks
Target: "Ayashi no Ceres 10.jpg" - missing.

Scanning extra files:

File: "blah" - is a match for "Ayashi no Ceres 10.jpg".

Repair is required.
1 file(s) have the wrong name.
39 file(s) are ok.
You have 40 out of 40 data blocks available.
You have 2 recovery blocks available.
Repair is possible.
You have an excess of 2 recovery blocks.
None of the recovery blocks will be used for the repair.

The only 'bug' in par2cmdline w.r.t. misnamed files is that it doesn't pick up on par2 files
that are renamed to something not ending in .par2
( * can of course be replaced by some more restricted wildcarding, say Ayashi* and *.par2
in this example. nget could/should use similar wildcarding to feed the partials to par2cmdline)

SD M
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD M wrote:

The only 'bug' in par2cmdline w.r.t. misnamed files is that it doesn't pick up on par2 files that are renamed to something not ending in .par2

Interesting. As it turns out, nget does rename incompletes to something that doesn't end in ".par2" - it names them with what appears to be a date stamp, eg my_file.vol00+01.par2.1011101010.2121292 or my_file.part01.rar.123456778.828182. It doesn't pick up either file in any case.

The way I understand it to work is that the nget source contains a modified version of the par/par2 code itself and it does not call the par command line programs at all - it has its own routines built-in. The code comes from the command-line source, of course, but modified.

-xo
SD M

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo wrote:
SD M wrote:

The only 'bug' in par2cmdline w.r.t. misnamed files is that it doesn't pick up on par2 files that are renamed to something not ending in .par2

Interesting. As it turns out, nget does rename incompletes to something that doesn't end in ".par2" - it names them with what appears to be a date stamp, eg my_file.vol00+01.par2.1011101010.2121292 or my_file.part01.rar.123456778.828182. It doesn't pick up either file in any case.

The way I understand it to work is that the nget source contains a modified version of the par/par2 code itself and it does not call the par command line programs at all - it has its own routines built-in. The code comes from the command-line source, of course, but modified.

-xo

AFAIK someone recently noticed this 'bug' when writing some par2 files to a filesystem
that only allowed a 3-char long extention (ISO9660 without Rock Ridge or Joliet(?)),
which turned all those .par2 files into .par files, which par2cmdline (and Quickpar(?))
then didn't recognise as par2 files...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum