abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Wow, it's been awhile!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Wow, it's been awhile! Reply with quote

Hey all, some of you might remember me, most of you probably havn't heard of me Razz

We switched to Telus back in June or so ($25/month for DSL compared to $45/month for cable), and I was pretty busy most of the summer and fall (taking Engineering at the UofC) and just havn't checked the groups at all up until now.

So how's everyone been? Looks like the groups are still doing good, which is good to see....although Telus sucks for propogation...
...and retention...
...and speeds...
I want shaw back! But I can't afford it so I'll sit here and download 2 files files at 1.2 Mbps and hope somebody reposts all the rars that never made it to the server completely.

Anyone else out there use Telus and think they could recommend some better servers? I'm almost considering switching to a pay server, but it may also be easier to switch back to Shaw (*drools* 4 files at 4 Mbps).

Good to see (inc), and Or[q]yman are still around...has anyone heard from CBR Ridin lately? I used to have his ICQ, but it was lost when Pinfi took over my computer last May and I was forced to format.

I'll have a list of all my Anime up soon (although most of them are those old RM files....ah, back when an episode of anime was 50 megs....at 320x240 and TV Cap'd, but I was doing DivX/Xvid Torrents for a while there...), but I'm ready to download more now! HDs were on sale at Futureshop again so I figured it would be a good time to upgrade to a 160GB HD. (And for those of you with your 500 gigs of raid arrayed hds, well.... Confused ...going from 120gigs Arrow 280gigs is a big step up for me)

Oooohh, Anime-Legion made Xvid's of Noir......

Has there been anymore Yukikaze posted by the way? I know the first two episodes were posted waaaaayyy back, just before I left again.

And now I should get some sleep before those quizzes I have tomorrow X(

---
Kaos, the mass confusion...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaos wrote:
Has there been anymore Yukikaze posted by the way? I know the first two episodes were posted waaaaayyy back, just before I left again.

Well, since you were gone the 3rd episode was sub'd and posted but no sign of episodes 4 and 5 yet (not sure they're even out over there but I haven't checked to see so...). Last post of episode 3 was to abmar on 10/15/03 according to AnimeUsenet.org.
Kaos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, nifty...
Things sure have changed.

So, 10/15/03, eh? I think it's time for a repost!

(considering the last time I was around I saw 3 Inuyasha full reposts one after another)

*nudge nudge, wink wink*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Orqyman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, good to see you're back. Though it might not appear like it, some old folks are still around. Of course I use the term old very loosely. Honestly, I rarely d/l items from the anime groups unless it comes highly recommended, but I'm usually being really lazy, as I'm good at that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(...waving...) Welcome back Kaos...

Looking at who is posting messages in here this weekend, I thought I'd flash some of you back. Here's the *posters list* from 2/13/2000 - includes Kaos, Orqy and iWolf Razz

AmandaBReckonwith
animeFan
Another AnimeFan
awldune
Backshashdotcom
Banjo Bagel
Bogus Name
bungholio
Catmando
CBR Ridin
corvus Korrian
Crack Monkee
Crymic Linith
Dantares
Drallcome
droble
dvn
epeacock
er
Eric
Evangelion
Fogel
FoRcE
Gares
Genro
Ghostwheel
Gokitta
GoKKuMa
gokou
Haratu
Himemiya Anthy
I. Wolf
Ian Barclay
inc
Ivy/Starlight
Jerky Raime
John
Jonz
Kaos
Kyle Smith
Lancer
Leviathan
M.M.
Miyuki
MooMoo
MrLAH
Musicman
Ndy
NetGear
Nightwing
Orqyman
Psuedonym
RATTFINK
Repton
Ron Fit
Ryouga Gabriev
Scott
severin
Shadowfax
shinchan
Spam-B-Gone
spectra
Survechay
SWong
The Lazy Lagabout
The Zombie
TheRant
TheSlyOne
tigerlily
Turacma
Unbeliever
Unknown
valk
windy_apple
Xtraman
yo yo ma
Yunachan
Zero

-- sorry for the nostalgia, but newsgroups have such short-term memories sometimes...

(inc)
Melchior

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back!

Just a quick warning: watch your downloads with Telus-- I've heard that when you go over their 5GB download limit, they start charging you extra, at the rate of $6 for one GB. Note that I just moved to a new house, and just had the Shaw guy install my cable internet today-- over the phone, they now say their limit is 20GB/month (not the 6GB per month they'd bitch at you about last year).
deoch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ^^.

Episodes 4/5 of yukikaze won't be out for some time. I would expect episode 4 "early" next year, since they seem to be on a 6 month schedule for each OVA release.

I don't mind posting yukikaze 3 in ABMAR if you want it. Let me know.
Kaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melchior wrote:
Welcome back!

Just a quick warning: watch your downloads with Telus-- I've heard that when you go over their 5GB download limit, they start charging you extra, at the rate of $6 for one GB. Note that I just moved to a new house, and just had the Shaw guy install my cable internet today-- over the phone, they now say their limit is 20GB/month (not the 6GB per month they'd bitch at you about last year).

Wow...back with Shaw they always said 30 gigs down, 10 gigs up, before they started getting mad (I downloaded 45 gigs one month waayy back, and they got mad, threatened no internet for a week!)

Thats kinda funny, I have a friend here who's been on Telus for a long time, and he downloads between 25 - 40 a month and hasn't had a problem.

This is all here in Calgary though.

deoch wrote:
Episodes 4/5 of yukikaze won't be out for some time. I would expect episode 4 "early" next year, since they seem to be on a 6 month schedule for each OVA release.

I don't mind posting yukikaze 3 in ABMAR if you want it. Let me know.

Awwww, so long Sad
That'd be great if you could post it, I really liked the first two eps.

(inc) wrote:
...posters list...

Wow, look at all those old names...it's been so long.
Musicman, Netgear, Severin, SWong
Heh, I remember when I downloaded NetGears post of Lain in a 640x480 DivX Rip, even though I couldn't watch it on my 200mHz, but I knew I'd be able to watch it someday, and then I found www.vcdhelp.com, and encoded those babies to xVCD mpegs for my DVD player, just to watch em at a high quality. Of course, my DVD player wasn't the best and every once in a while it would jump back a frame because of the quality (don't ask I dunno), but wow, the resolution!

And then there were all of SWong's Tenchi Universe posts, heh.
etc, etc, etc... Wink

--Kaos
Orqyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow inc,

That list really does bring back alot of memories...

Mostly of ones where ppl were yelling at each other Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deoch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yukikaze 3 posted on ABMAR . Just do a search for "Kaos".
Let me know when you've downloaded it so I can delete the rars.
iWolf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sigth> AH, the care free, easy days, when I was only an ocassional poster...

And then was that time when I reposted DNA^2 for 6 months >_<

And then peace again...

And then I was finally able to connect to IRC (nyc.rr.com gets banned, a lot), and my connection has never been idle again...

the memories, the memories...

:P
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melchior... if that's the case then I must have been paying upwards of $1200 per month since forever for every month... *cough* *choke* *cough* Shocked and *knock on wood*

P.S. Shortly after responding, I was informing someone about the alleged charges for overuse.. He told me that one of his clients in Coquitlam on a telus business plan, subscribed through a smaller adsl company that rents lines from telus ("MDI" (?)), billed him $5 per gig over his limit in downstream traffic for an amount of over a hundred dollars (I forget the exact amount now)... I would assume since MDI gets charged by telus for whatever bw usage, MDI, of course, would monitor their adsl subscribers more strictly than telus would their own residential subscribers that deal directly through them without going through any middle-man/company/affiliate. Personally, I would never be able to live with those limits~!! And then there is the upstream... Evil or Very Mad
Melchior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not Telus actually charges for overuse-- unfortunately, among my friends here only two people have Telus, and neither of them are heavy internet users (I'd be surprised if they hit 2GB/month).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum