abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

A slow down?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: A slow down? Reply with quote

Is it me, or has there been a slow down in new new stuff appearing the newsgroups? I haven't downloaded anything for about a week, which is unheard of. In between "seasons" in Japan (though that's never been an issue before)?

-xo
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed it too. It's now been two days since I downloaded any anime, and almost a week since anything exciting came through.
Melchior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Jan 10-12, I was pretty busy downloading (2-3 eps per day), but for hte week leading up to there, I only downloaded a couple of episodes, having several download-free days (unheard of for me).

...Of course, the series that I do want to see are being subbed rather slowly.

...Which, in the meantime, has given me plenty of time to explore other stuff in my anime collection that I've downloaded over the past few years-- last week since there wasn't much new stuff coming down my pipe, I got hooked on Hunter X Hunter. (aside: I sure wish that LiteOn would release their updated firmware pack for their LVD-2002 DVD/DivX player-- it tends to choke up on old DivX 3.11a videos when they get to quick motion scenes)
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the new stuff and ignoring things like the 31st post of NGE, most of any slowdown has just been the result, as Mel mentions, of some slow subbing -- ya' can't post it if it isn't there. Part of it may be the Xmas break, at least for groups that have a lot of college students.

Looking at some samples by subbing group -- note, they're the specific versions I happen to keep an eye on to post, if no one else has. Other subbers may be further along on the specific series, but these were the ones (just one guy's opinion, of course) that seemed to have the better translations ...

ANBU has a couple series that have been very slow:
- Planetes - 6 behind (been getting A-E as a backup, just in case)
- Cromartie - 7 behind (getting A-M's for backup, but they're behind too)
- FMA is more prompt, probably because it's done with A-Keep.
- They've also been slow with Gunslinger Girl, but their version has never been posted -- it's turned out to be the one I like the best though. I get both theirs and Triads -- someday I'll decide which to keep, lol. And, at some point, I'll probably post ANBU's.

A-Keep:
- Maburaho - 3 ep behind
- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - it's finished running, but A-Keep is 3 behind. Onigiri has finished their version, plus there are some Lunar's around. Again, this is the version I ended up prefering, but, outside of one or two eps, has not been posted in aba/abma

AonE - They've been pretty consistant:
Peacemaker Kurogane - 1 behind
Godannar - 11 posted, I guess 13 shown (the first *season*?)
Gungrave - 14 posted; current

A-Kraze:
100 Stories - 9 posted, series complete at 13, so 4 behind
Chrno Crusade - 1 behind (AonE is current on this -- wonder if their sub has gotten any better?)

A-Source:
Avenger - waiting for the last ep -- new ending song is apparently awaiting translation.

Live-evL:
Gilgamesh - 4 behind

Edited to add:
Anime-Station:
ROD - but they're 2 behind AonE's (which I also get for backup) - interesting; according to
http://animedaisuki.net:8008/index.php?PHPSESSID=2673518036736665a11c9cf961b09c94
they're only up to 13, but they note it may also be on PayPerView

...and I know they're some more shows I've forgotten...

(inc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum