abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Do you watch credits?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I sit through credits:
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Do you watch credits? Reply with quote

I do. I like forming the association with the music, mostly. Training myself in almost a Pavlovian way.

It puts me in a good mood whenever I hear Soramimi Cake or Raspberry Heaven, for example.

I was watching some anime with someone recent and they wanted to skip the credits. Infidel.

On a related topic: after the end credits, they often have "next episode" teasers. These are almost invariably worthless. I'm watching Witch Hunter Robin now and those are just meaningless babbling. Dumb.

-xo
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, but it does depend somewhat on the music -- I'll always sit through the Heibane ending, again and again and again, lol

I liked the endiing *text* of WHR, xo -- alway properly enigmatic.

(inc)
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me anal, but I always watch openings and endings of shows. The only time I usually skip is when I'm watching a bunch from the same show in one sitting.

The darn theme songs are all too often catchy as well so it's a nice way to finish off the experiance of an episode. Raspberry Heaven... *sigh* I still smile hearing that song. Smile

xo wrote:
I like forming the association with the music, mostly. Training myself in almost a Pavlovian way.

I find that even long after I've forgotten the literal meaning of the lyrics (when they're in Japanese) I still remember the general meaning and emotional associations.

inc wrote:
I liked the endiing *text* of WHR, xo -- alway properly enigmatic.

Yeah, I thought WHR had a good opening and ending (credits, songs, and even teaser).

On a tangent: Flipping channels I've caugth Cartoon Network's showings of a few WHR episodes (just to hear what the dub's like... Ick!) and those jerks are really butchering it. Completely cutting the opening and running the close in double time so they can squeeze in more of their inane babble. Mad
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch OPs and EDs if I like either the music or the animation. Otherwise I skip them. I usually skip ahead at the end to see if there's a next episode preview, but sometimes I forget. Also sometimes I don't want the next episode spoiled so I skip the preview too.

One OP that has really grabbed my attention is Tenjou Tenge. The music isn't good, but for some reason I keep watching those two short dance sequences over and over. And the music actually started to grow on me when I slowed down the playback to get a better look at the dance moves. Smile

(Now that I think of it, the ED of Trouble Chocolate fascinated me too, and it had complicated dance animation. I guess I just can't believe anyone could move like that.)
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
(Now that I think of it, the ED of Trouble Chocolate fascinated me too, and it had complicated dance animation. I guess I just can't believe anyone could move like that.)

iPod commericals must be nothing short of hypnotic then Shocked

-xo
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
One OP that has really grabbed my attention is Tenjou Tenge. The music isn't good, but for some reason I keep watching those two short dance sequences over and over.

Shoot! Now you got me doing it. The OP is really fun and I love how A1 did the karaoke- makes the whole thing seem like a DDR game!

-xo
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always watch credit sequences.

If you liked what you saw, the least you can do is sit through the list of people who made the production.

Make sure to watch the end credits for Kill Bill Vol.02. You'll be treated to a short outtake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deoch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch the credit sequences if I like the music/animation.. I often start skipping them if I'm watching a few episodes in sequence though.

When I watch anime with others, they always want to skip the openings and endings :/.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo wrote:
iPod commericals must be nothing short of hypnotic then Shocked

They probably would be if I still watched TV. Downloaded anime has pretty much left the TV set unused for the last three years. Surprised
Melchior

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening and ending credits? I almost always watch them, the main exceptions being if I don't like the music or animation, and if I'm watching a whole bunch of episodes in a row.
Chung

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, I don't.. if I like the open/end I usually rip them out as mp3s for later listening.. If I really like the music, I'll let it run though.. or if I'm tending to other things such as sorting downloads (@#$%!@% roadrunner, freakin less than 24hr retention now :\ )
superjaded

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much the same as everyone else; I watch them by default unless there's something about it that makes me want to not. Crappy song, stupid sequence or if it's just an episode I JUST WANT TO end. I will also skip them if I'm watching a lot of eps in succession.

Until a few days ago, I was really addicted to Koi Kaze's op. Like the whole thing, not just the song -- I'm sure I'd watch it 10-15x a day for a good two or three days. -_-
Gorunova

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, another one I like: the Texhnolyze OP. With the definitive techno and the trippy visuals it's like watching a demo. I ripped that OP out with VDub and put it in my favorite music videos directory.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum