abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Missing an entry for the Usenet Logging...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firecaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:49 am    Post subject: Missing an entry for the Usenet Logging... Reply with quote

I don't know if it's appropriate to post here rather than e-mail Matt; if I'm in the wrong, please let me know.

There's a missing entry in the anime usenet logging system. Slayers Next #14, an #A-G rip, was posted by Starstorm in a.b.a, a.b.m.a and a.b.m.a.r on February 23. There were 23 RARs and 4 PAR files.

Thanks!

~ Firecaster ~
matt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

That weird, it looks like all three of us missed it, but I just checked and I can verify that it was posted on the 23ed, oh well, I will get it added, thanks much for letting us know. as far as where to post these types of requests: there is a web form on animeusenet.org/contact.php if you want to send a message to us (it even sends a msg to my ICQ.....man i'm such a dork Wink ) but you oblivously got my attention posting here as well.
Firecaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I'm just glad I could help. ^_^

~ Firecaster ~
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's totally bizarre because as Matt stated, the three of us separately handle the newsgroups you mentioned!

Perhaps it never propagated well? I know I only check my primary (attbi) server for logging purposes and maybe it didn't come through there. Unfortunately, I can't check that far back, but sure enough Easynews has it.

-xo
Firecaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It propagated well, just... late. The first parts only started showing up after episode 15 had propagated. I had originally thought that the episode was skipped for some reason, but it showed up later. Weird. ^^;

~ Firecaster ~
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not ferpect, anyway. Sometimes if there's something very wrong with a post (like a raw avi post without RARing) I don't log it because I figure nobody got it. I used to also skip things that looked massively incomplete, but I'm not doing that any more since most stuff has completion problems at my end now.

With the new version of Xnews I'm finding a behavior that leads to logging mistakes too: If a post is just starting when I grab headers, I'll leave off logging it until the next day to make sure it's a full post. But if it's crossposted, and I later catchup with ABMA as I usually do, then the first parts in ABA will be marked read against my wishes, and the next day I might think I've already logged it. I have workarounds, but I still could make the occasional misteak. Wink

Very strange that we all missed that one though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Site Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum