abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Desktop Wallpaper
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Desktop Wallpaper Reply with quote

Just curious - you all have anime wallpaper, or am I the only dork?

I've been using ones for FLCL for some reason. I enjoyed the series well enough but it wasn't anything that particularly endeared itself to me. Maybe it has something to do with the imagery that I dig. They guitars probably.

Anyway, I used to have http://www.furikuri.com/picture.php?which=FLCL_HARUKO_1024.jpg.

Now I have a variant of http://www.furikuri.com/picture.php?which=animenation_1632_8579049.jpg.

Both are mostly monochromatic and I've tweaked them so they are black on dark blue. This way, it attracts less attention from other people and white text shows up nicely in my transparent terms Shocked .

-xo
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes switch to a anime wallpaper as well. I try to switch from time to time just to keep from getting bored.
The following page has some nice (ecchi/fanservice) wallpapers: http://www.weasl.net/
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the site. I'd been using an Angel Sanctuary one that I'll work on getting uploaded (will edit in link later). Now I'm switching to the Berserk one from that site. I watched the entire series again last weekend to gear up for the DVD release.
Sleepyleo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be proud of your dorkness, xo.

My wallpaper is of Yui from CCS. Aaaahhh! Long white hair, wings and bare feet. What could be finer than that? Of course, this is subject to change at any given moment (until I find a pic I like better Twisted Evil ).
Firecaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make anime/manga wallpapers, but because of the way I place my icons on my desktop, I never use them. Rolling Eyes

Right now I have a Rockman EXE desktop complete with icons from the game. I guess it would qualify as anime since the animated version is airing in Japan right now. Smile

For my wallpapers, check my .sig.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, since sleepyleo outed me Wink , I posted a grab here: http://abma.x-maru.org/desktop.png. As it turns out, I think I got the picture from weasl.net at one point but the credit which appears in the lower right got blurred when I scaled up to my monitor's res so I'd forgotten. Now that I look at it, I don't know how the hell I messed it up so badly.

You can see what I meant about the transparent terms and how most wallpapers don't work due to high contrast. I need low contrast ones, preferably dark so I don't go blind staring into light all day.

Do I need transparent terms? Naw, but it's damn cool.

I like the look of your site, Firecaster (and the wallpapers too, very well done). Makes me all the more aggravated at the utilitarian-but-fubugliness of this one Evil or Very Mad.

-xo
Gorunova

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep a running set of favorite wallpapers that I use over and over. My Linux machines select one randomly when I start up X, and I've been pondering randomization under Windows too but I'm lazy.

Some of my backgrounds are photos, some are simple textures. Lately I've started adding a few select anime images. One favorite is Lime with an umbrella walking on CG water.

The one that's been permanently set on one of my Windows boxes for over a year now is a scan from a Slayers artbook of Lina and Naga sleeping head to toe in lingerie. It's mostly oranges and flesh tones, which goes well (ie, not eye-hurtingly) with my preferred Windows color scheme: yellow text on red backgrounds. My friends call it the McDonald's color scheme. Smile
Sleepyleo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<cringe>> Sorry, xo. I'll be quiet now. Embarassed
Firecaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xo wrote:

I like the look of your site, Firecaster (and the wallpapers too, very well done). Makes me all the more aggravated at the utilitarian-but-fubugliness of this one Evil or Very Mad.

Thank you kindly. Smile I actually like the looks of this site... I've always been a sucker for utilitarian over "eye candy". I mean, the only "fancy" thing on my site is the JavaScript in the menu and the MySQL/PHP schtick going on. Wink

Well, since this is turning into a "describe your desktop" thing, here's mine. Note that while it doesn't show on this screenshot, the icons ARE transparent, meaning that if I move them onto the image, you won't see that horrid blob around the text. The program I'm using basically emulates the transparent icon feature in KDE. If anyone wants it (it's freeware), I'll post it up on my site. It's a must-have for people with busy backgrounds. Surprised

And yes, I'm getting sick of that desktop. ^^;

Edit: Just noticed xo's desktop... sugoi! It's subtle, yet striking! I like it! And you're running Gnome! Very Happy
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sleepyleo wrote:
<<cringe>> Sorry, xo. I'll be quiet now.

Heh, not at all. Timidity on matters anime on this bulletin board was rather misplaced.

I updated my screen shot after having redone the background so that it's not as blurred (I musta missed some GIMP default compression setting the first time). Much better!

Now I just gotta come up with a better name/logo for this site Idea
earthdark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grin*

Since this is turning into a show-off-your-desktop-thread, I'm going to post mine too. :D

http://animempeg.ekvin.com/desktop-ed.png
Firecaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earthdark, what shell are you running? o.o Can't see much of your background, but I'm just curious... *dies of jealousy*
Onakra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earthdark wrote:

http://animempeg.ekvin.com/desktop-ed.png

Ohh! You're continuing daa! daa! daa! ? That's great news!
I'll be waiting for that one. Smile
earthdark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It' a show off pic :P

But yea, we're continuing with DDD and two of our other series... I was hoping to release DDD08 this week but things didn't go well, maybe next week?

As for the shell, using Litestep (www.shellfront.org/lsdev), highly customizable shell but it's nto for beginners and lazy people, heh.
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum