abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Real media player *ick* on linux

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Highspar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:33 am    Post subject: Real media player *ick* on linux Reply with quote

Hey, this one goes out to the Linux users. Against my better judgement, I'm trying to install real player on Red hat 7.2, but the RPM Real has on their site keeps causing a segmentation fault. I was wondering if there was a trick to installing this that I'm missing, or if there is another player that can handle this format.
Firecaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a friend who's a RH 7.2 Linux user, and she says that the only real way to get RealPlayer installed is to use an older version of the player. From time to time it'll complain that it needs to be updated, but it works like a charm. If you want it, please e-mail me at firecasterNO@SPAMalcedea.net (remove the obvious) and I'll be happy to send it to you. (I'd post it somewhere, but I don't want Real on my tail) ^_^

EDIT: Dang, my friend just called me. She says that the 'expired version' (the one she has) won't install anymore. If you feel like messing with it (I dunno, change the date to try to trick it, or something), feel free to e-mail me anyways. It's 8 MB. ^^;
Highspar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dwah. they actually did time checking? those bastards. well guess this tells me that I either need to keep my P120 around just for Real Media, or I need to find some other program that plays them...

hmm, is there another program that plays Real Media?
Firecaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I know of... sorry. Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum