abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Anime endings...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorunova

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never figured out what was going on with the ending of Evangelion. Not the story, but all the different vids and what order they were supposed to be watch in.

There were EoE, Death, Rebirth and I think one other, and a couple of them had a lot of footage in common.

Can anyone clear that up for me?

Also, what's the deal with the Eva second-series unit model kits I see that were never in the show. Were there more in the manga or something?
earthdark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna write everything in the spoiler block..heh.

spoiler wrote:
I like endings like X, Jin Roh, etc. where it's not just another happily ever after thing. But from all the Japanese movies + dramas + anime I've watch, most tend to have not a really clear cut ending or something that caves into the viewer's desire, rather they leave it open OR they do something weird. Either way, it makes you think about the series a lot more rather than just a "oh so that's how it end."

Regarding Eva, TV series 1-26 was made but fans didn't like the original philsophical ending so Death and Rebirth was made as a recap leading up the ending. It was garbage since it didn't explain the ending either, just reused footage so Gainax put out End of Evangelion as a visual explanation to the last two eps and focused less on the philosophy. Then there was the Evangelion Director's Cut episodes (22 I think?) which had footage that was taken out originally, and yes those taken out footage are critical to the plot (at least IMO). Oh yea, somewhere in between, Gainax started selling h-games and h-calenders and h-resin kits.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earthdark wrote:

Then there was the Evangelion Director's Cut episodes (22 I think?) which had footage that was taken out originally, and yes those taken out footage are critical to the plot (at least IMO).

Dang, now I'm going to have to find those Director's Cut eps and rewatch. Thanks, ED.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a little late, but I shouldn't even spending my time here... I've got exams to study for and not enough time to do the studying. And yet...
I've got to say, I liked the Evangelion ending. Razz
NGE - SPOILER wrote:

Basically, it's completely opposite of how the original ending was. Originally NGE ended with little story of personal discovery. The End of Evangelion went and drew the whole world into the story. It was Epic (capital E) in its magnitude. Sure, everyone died, but from what I understood anyone with a strong desire to live could come back. Man, it was surreal. And that's one of the reasons I enjoy anime -- to get away from the cookie-cutter storylines. Of course, a few things weren't explained... Were human beings the only ones affected? Are all the objects and animals in the world the same as before? But in most anime (as in life) you never get all the answers. I guess that the upcoming movie will answer some questions, though. Any info on that thing, btw? When's it coming out?

I still don't like the way they ended the RK story.
RK - SPOILER wrote:

They killed him off with a fricken disease?! Okay, cool, his scar disappeared, BUT THEY KILLED HIM OFF WITH A FRICKEN DISEASE! And what the hell is that with Kaoru going and getting herself affected with it just to suffer with him?! Is this a Japanese thing? Something a loyal wife would do? <shakes his head> But what really gets me is how much of a loser Kenshin seems to become. He goes around "helping" people, without a sword... Huh? What does he do, talk people down from buildings? And he's a failure as a father and a failure as a husband. I prefered the way they ended the manga, compared to the Seisouhen OVA. Heck, the narrative style of the OVA was confusing to people (and I know this is true because in one sub the fansubbers think that Kenji is a young man when the whole Enishi storyline is unfolding -- they didn't notice that it's a flashback). And I also hate the way Sano just abandons Kenshin on the ship. What important business could he have that take precedence over the safe return of his sick friend to his home?! Man... This ending just gets a resounding "Boooo!" from me...

One last thing... I tried finding out myself, but I can't read japanese and couldn't find out anything concrete... Does anyone know if Alien 9 is only a four part series? I was ranting earler about how the series couldn't possibly end after three parts because of the ending, but I find I'm in the same boat after viewing the fourth part. It can't possibly end that way! Someone please give me an answer...
Yeeee, this actually took some time to type out. I can't get back to studying now... I guess I'll watch some anime. Smile
Shezy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, hell. That last post is mine. And I *know* I signed in this time... I guess I took too long, or made too much use of the "back" and "forward" buttons...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum