abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

How to bring order to my chaos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orqy, wondered how you were doing. No real message, but saw that nothing has been posted around here in awhile -- just making sure there is still a pulse... ;-)

(inc)
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much really, same ol' same ol'

Things certainly have changed quite a bit since I first became active, and I'm sure even before that there was great many things evolving over time. I'd say something normally in ngs, but when I think about d/ling headers off of newscene, (which I haven't touched in over 2 months, and paying for it anyway) I just wince and forget about it. Not that I really have anything constructive to say.

I'm just being a happy leech for now, and maybe when I get my hands on something that'll add value to the groups, I'll fire up again. But don't be surprised if I suddenly start talking again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Melchior

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back in Where Is It's early days I tried it out (this is back when I had about 30 anime CDs) and didn't like it-- it didn't quite do things the way I thought it would, plus I didn't like that for other people to find out what anime I had that they'd have to install the program on their own computers (at the time it wasn't Mac-compatible-- I have no idea whether it currently is or isn't).

So I made a text file in which I liested my stuff. Kept that one up for a little while, then decided to make a clean-looking MS Word file. That was a one-time-only thing-- the text file worked as well.

Sometime in early 2001 (after learning of Excel's autosort feature) I decided to redo it as an Excel file, and I haven't looked back since then. I store title, episode numbers, sub/dub, format (vcd, divx, etc.), location (~5-600 CDs makes it tough to remember where you store things), additional notes, and (a recent addition) whether or not I have the complete series.

As far as CD storage goes, early on I got a massive CD rack that fits 360 CDs (music, software, anime, empty jewel cases...). A few months after I found the anime newsgroups, it became inadequate. What I've settled on since then is storing CDs in those 12-CD nylon holders that you can get at dollar-stores. They cost 2-3 bucks apiece. Note: avoid CD cases with cut-plastic sleeves, as they can scratch your CDs... Fabric sleeves won't.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum