abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoopynme

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen... Reply with quote

Part 1 & 2? Fansubbed SVCD release by "nas"... (Hope they don't mind if I do end up posting their rip...)

Well, seeing as how I still have the original (nas) packed rar's for Part 1 of the OVA sitting in my hdd...Part 2 will need to be reimaged/packed, but released by the same svcd group/individual.

Yea or nay? And preferred daily posting size into ABAV? ~700-800 MB CD...The rar's are packed in ~15 MB chunks...Will, of course include parity files...But I'd be really poor at handling repost/fill requests...can only guarantee the post makes it onto my ISP & easynews servers...

Hopefully, Orqy's around to download? ^^;; Didn't want to delete the rar's before finish passing them over...

~ Embarassed ~ Rolling Eyes ~ Laughing ~ Crying or Very sad ~

P.S. Can you tell I'm new at this? Wink

Okay, will sign-off now...Feeling a bit embarressed by my lack of self-restraint in using these cutie emoticons...
ensui

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wai!~ You're back! Very Happy ...err, you are the one who left the newsgroups for IRC like... a year ago? Are you still with Anime-Kissaten?

I like your avatar! Wai!~ Sakura-san!

...oh, my newsserver doesn't carry ABAV, but I already have a version of that OAV, so my vote doesn't count.

Glad to see you again, tho. =)
snoopynme

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really "left" usenet in that...well, I just blended in with the masses leeching away (though, sporadically still...getting more & more lazy) ^^;;

I think it has been about that long since I've last posted any messages on usenet...Too many posts to keep up with... Only been reading 1/100,000 text posts these days. Sad Have been living on IRC 24/7 though...

Floods and floods of binary & non-binary posts...Difficult to keep up with Shocked

Hahaha! Don't think the A-K people would like you to blacken their name with a nobody really Razz ...No, I've never been associated with A-K... I just dropped in there to bug a member of theirs every once in a long while. Pretty much living on DAL otherwise ^^;; not a regular in any digi-fansubbing channel though...

Surprised anyone still reminds me...or mistaking me for someone else Crying or Very sad

Well, if you are interested in getting this SVCD version...lemme know...
Might be able to arrange something...but really don't want to add to the flood of aba/abma/abmar Sad
earthdark

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word is out that ADV is sending letters and trying to terminate ISP/Usenet accounts of anyone posting their license stuff, so becareful if you do intend to post it.
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopynme wrote:
Surprised anyone still reminds me...or mistaking me for someone else Crying or Very sad

I'm sure everybody who was here in that period still remembers you.
Always great stuff and the only one who ever got attacked for her 'over-use' of emoticons. Very Happy

But, like earthdark said, please be careful with posting licensed stuff since it appears ADV is more actively scanning usenet. Read Neuralblastoma's threads concerning NFOs in ABAV to get an idea of the situation. The general idea at this point seems to be to use a non-meaningful subjectline and include the necessary info in a NFO. Bonus is that people *have* to read it this time. Wink
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Onakra! You're quoting the one line containing my typo! *embarrassed*

Hmmm... I'm going to be terminating my current easynews account this month anyway... Was going to make sure this time I use up less than 6 gigs 'else cancellation doesn't go through and I'd be stuck with another month...or have to email a complaint to them again (yes, yes, happened before...whoever would use up less than the max bandwidth before terminating an account anyway?? Razz ).

So I take it everything Kenshin has been licensed already? Thought maybe the 2nd OVA would have escaped it for now...But at least it's fansub release (haven't watched yet still). And I wonder if I can get away without posting any nfo file? If posting then, will be doing so via someone else's ISP...as he's open to killing his crummy cable account anyway...

For any other legal issues...Need proooof!! Well, I'm sure that guy will read this forum one of these days & quote me to the courts Razz Life was fun on the otherside while it lasted... Twisted Evil

I take it then that at least earthdark & Onakra might be interested in the post? Rolling Eyes
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopynme wrote:

So I take it everything Kenshin has been licensed already? Thought maybe the 2nd OVA would have escaped it for now...

Yes, the new OVA is licensed as well by ADV. The animeonDVD licenselist is usually up to date: http://www.animeondvd.com/license/
I believe some (all?) of the specials aren't licensed yet at this point, but I think they'll be somewhere down the road as well.

snoopynme wrote:
I take it then that at least earthdark & Onakra might be interested in the post? Rolling Eyes

Well, not really. I have the R2 DVDs and they look very good. Wink
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I suppose if no one is really interested in these pretty Kenshin rips (can't resist SVCD's myself...), how about non-licensed fansubs like Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar on SVCD? Razz

HnK fansub SVCD release...distributed via AVCD servers... Episodes 1 through to 10 so far...Only thing with this series is that you all probably have the AI version, and 2 versions of the HnK releases already (DVD-rip & TV capture)

The series itself, well...I love the artwork and Saga's character... Sugar is...bleh...

Either post would be fine by me...Kenshin Seisouhen or Sugar. Just in the mood to post again after having dug out an old old copy of PowerPost the other day to make a tiny posting... And ABAV looks less messy so far...

Cool
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopynme,

Your SVCD posts would be welcome in ABAV. ABAV needs more posters. ABA/ABMA does not. If anything ABA/ABMA need fewer posters.

I would suggest Tiny Snow Fairy Suger instead of Kenshin. I was reported to Easynews by ADV for posting Spriggan fills. Fills!

It is not yet clear whether ADV uses bots to spider or scan usenet groups like the MPAA or major studio copyright holders or if they(ADV) actually go through the groups themselves. If they are using bots, then using abbreviations and/or numbers in the subject line instead of the title is what everyone posting ADV titles should be doing. This has proven very effective in other multimedia groups at avoiding bots since they are searching for specific titles and/or keywords. Simply put a URL in an NFO to let people know what you're posting. Also be sure to change the filename. Put 'read nfo for instructions' or something like that in the subject line so everyone knows how to find out what it is you're posting.

To avoid such hassle just post Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. That's probably best. You can post half a CD a day in ABAV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly mind if he (assuming it's just Andy Kent making his rounds again Mad ) reports me to Easynews and/or the ISP I have the option of posting from... What does matter is which release you guys do want to get your hands on Wink

Saw what was being done with the nfo files...followed the one that led to the online movie dbase Wink And skimmed through the FAQ...

Alrighty...If it's going to be Sugar...I'll get that packaged up & ready to post within the next day or two... As long as you guys are okay with no reposts coming from me...I'll just make sure it's complete on one or two ISP's and Easynews (what I have access to...), and perhaps consult another that's on Giganews...If all of them have the files, then the rest will be up to the individuals to make use of the pars I'll be sure to include...
earthdark

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the Kenshin post, thanks but no thanks. I'm not a Kenshin fan and nor do I have the resources to download a SVCD psot from Usenet at the moment...

And as for the other topic, if they are using bots, one can always use a combination of hiragana/katakana/kanji/English characters for the post name and use the plain English name in a nfo file or such...
(inc)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi snoop, been awhile. Obviously you have more HD space than when you used to have to re-grab parts of your own posts off the servers to do fills. Cool

.... and in light of all this other stuff, I wonder just how long I'll keep posting anime....there certainly isn't any shortage of episodes now....

(inc)
snoopynme

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, inc!

Yes, more hdd space ^^;; Seems acquiring space is a neverending expensive addiction...

Hope you do keep up with your posts though, really love your rips! And you have the patience to post fills & make full reposts... Admire in others that which you lack in yourself...and hope to have Wink

After posting this and defragging another drive...I'll start bin/cue & rar'ing Sugar 1-2 to post with winrar3... Will keep to "store" and "old naming method"...so it should be ok with mac users & such? Unless ace is preferred, which I can see some of you dislike as stated in the FAQ Razz Those two are the only archivers I have installed on the system at the moment... Gomen ne Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum