abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Metropolis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Metropolis Reply with quote

I'll be posting Metropolis either Friday Feb.22 or Monday Feb.25.

It's a high quality subtitled DivX (699MB) that I got off of WinMX.

I have to wait until Friday or Monday because that's approx. when my Easynews account will be activated(I signed up through snail mail) and don't think it's worth it to try posting through the slowly dying @home servers or the new and still crappy Rogers server. Rogers has excellent completion but only six hours retention. Doesn't look like they'll have the three day retention they promised.

Anyway, enough of my Rogers ranting. I will post Metropolis as soon as I can, most likely over a three day period.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add something. I will be posting it in yEnc. More than enough has been said about yEnc already so I will just say this: all whiners and all bitching will be ignored. If you don't want to use a yEnc compatible newsreader(which is easy!) then that's your problem.

The following quotes were taken from another newsgroup by two different people:

"remember, those afraid of new things do NOT belong on the Internet..."

"Xnews may not be for everybody, but neither is agent"!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jiss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likewise newspro, newsbin, Gravity etc. Also I noticed that they have support for some flavours of linux, *nix and Mac's now.

Anyhow, that Metropolis post...AVI?...labelled InsidiousDivX?
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Jiss Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the one. Very good quality. I'm currently converting it to SVCD for myself.

I'd post the SVCD instead but I have a feeling most would rather have the original DivX. Plus the DivX is smaller anyway(less for me to post) and people can do whatever they want with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Booooyyy! Reply with quote

If you're posting via Easynews, I think there are a few servers you can use, if you don't know already: news.easynews.com, news-01.easynews.com and post.easynews.com. Sometimes one or more of the servers has a problem of not ACKing posts, causing PP2K to timeout.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum