abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Why oh why doesn't RoadRunner want me to have Kanon ep 9?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Why oh why doesn't RoadRunner want me to have Kanon ep 9? Reply with quote

I don't even know how I got so caught up in this show, I almost stopped collecting it after the second episode with all the spontaneous amnesia and having an entire cast of characters that I wanted to do nothing more than kick them all in the teeth. And yet now I've watched up to episode 8 and I HAVE TO SEE THE REST. I can't explain it. It unexpectedly wormed its way into my brain and I can't go on until I see what happens next.

So of course the day that episode 9 first came up my local Roadrunner decided to take a header and lose parts from .r13 on, including all but one PAR file. So later someone was kind enough to do a full repost for me in a.b.m.a.r...and RR didn't get one complete post from the whole thing. I've gotten episodes 10 and 11 and they're just sitting there, mocking me, saying "You can't watch us, can you? Mwa-ha!" I've even tried surfing the IRC channels for it and the latest ep I've seen on anyone's serv that was accepting people in their queue was episode 6.

Does anyone, anywhere, have .r13-.r17 or five PAR files for this post? Sad
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... A good reason never to put requests in binary post subject lines. I just went to AnimeUsenet to see when 9 was posted and by what subbing group (I never remember those things), and *lo-and-behold* it says it was last posted by HollyBerries in abmar -- double-wierd I think. Going quickly to Easynews, I see that you actually posted ep 10 with a request for ep 9 on the SL (....shame, shame, shame....).
Mystery solved... ;-)

Remember, if you had two posts of the same parts and both are incomplete, you can actually combine the individual segments from both posts with Agent to make a complete part (well, provided that, between the two posts, you got them all). Instructions are in the FAQ -- or at least I assume they still are -- one of my puny contributions.

Anyway, I don't have the parts obviously, but I'm fetching them from EN even as I type, and if no one helps you before hand, I'll put them in abmar tonight. r13-rar right? I'll stick in a PAR also.

(inc)
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:

Going quickly to Easynews, I see that you actually posted ep 10 with a request for ep 9 on the SL (....shame, shame, shame....).
Mystery solved... Wink

Yeah, it's sometimes pretty hard to notice things like that. Escpecially if the request on the subject line pushes the actual file name off the right side of the screen. Bad enough we're using more than 80 characters in most of our subject lines, but more than a screen wide is nuts.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, mea culpa- I logged that one erroneously.

-xo
ensui

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollyberries, do you think it was a posting or server problem? ...because I don't remember seeing that particular ep 9 complete either, and my server has been pretty good lately. (Or maybe I don't remember it coming in complete...hmmm...)

Were you able to see my post of ep 8 completely? If you did, would you like me to post ep 9 for you? It would be another repack.

(Now, if only I could get that Galaxy Angel ep 7 (first season) so I can clear that batch of GA1 off my hard drive... Crying or Very sad )
ensui

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(re: kanon ep 9 parts for Hollyberries:) Oops, I see inc's done it... hadn't refreshed my headers before posting that last message. Let me know if you'd like my help.
(inc)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... GA 07... What I have burned is a ~70M avi/smi. Is that OK?

(inc)
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inc - I officially want to have your bebbies. THANK YOU! You're awesome Smile

As for the posting the request in the subject line...erm...oops ^^; Didn't realize it would log that way. Just knew that by posting the request separately it wasn't getting me the episode. Ah well, I now I know, and as they say on G.I. Joe, knowing is half the battle.

Thanks all!
ensui

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:
Hmm... GA 07... What I have burned is a ~70M avi/smi. Is that OK?
That'll be perfect (for just squeezing all I have onto a CD-R). Smile Thank you! Wow, I haven't seen SMIs in a looong time. Wink
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HollyBerries :: np

ensui :: GA 07 going into abmar as a *Repost*...

(inc)
ensui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:
ensui :: GA 07 going into abmar as a *Repost*...
Thank you sooo much! =)
(I had a small problem with my burner, but when that was over, everything was okay.)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum