abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Angelic Layer 1-4 SVCD by AVCD in ABAV

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deoch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Angelic Layer 1-4 SVCD by AVCD in ABAV Reply with quote

After some discussions in ABAV, I've decided I'll give posting AVCD releases a try.

Angelic Layer 1-2 was posted today as a test run, looks like it went ok.

Angelic Layer 3-4 will probably be posted over the course of two days.

Due to requests, Read or Die OVAs will most likely follow. I hope this all goes well!
oblio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to see some AVCD stuff get posted! :) Thanks!
Tobias Rieper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice ones... any chance for the rest?

Need more content in ABAV? How about a long term repost of Orqys Escaflowne SVCD rips by me?

I just love to revive empty groups... Twisted Evil

T.Rieper
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias Rieper wrote:

Need more content in ABAV? How about a long term repost of Orqys Escaflowne SVCD rips by me?

Sure! The more the merrier. There are only four posters atm, myself, oblio, deoch and gunnm.

I actually skipped on the initial post since I already had the series in so-so quality DivX. Since then, SVCD has become my favorite format so I'd love to see Escaflowne reposted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deoch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy that you are all enjoying the releases ^^. By the way, thanks for To Heart oblio. It is one of my favorite series and I mostly had only ASFs.

Current plan is to post Angelic Layer 5-8 after Read or Die has been posted.

Episodes past 8 of Angelic Layer have not yet been released by AVCD. I hope that I can acquire them when they are released, but it is not really that easy :/.
Tobias Rieper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deoch wrote:

Episodes past 8 of Angelic Layer have not yet been released by AVCD. I hope that I can acquire them when they are released, but it is not really that easy :/.

That would be cool. I just love this series...

As for the Escaflowne posts - at what rate should I post it?
I'm thinking of 3 days per EP. (one EP is around 350 MB)
Do you want one or two EPs per week?

BTW, this will be my first yEnc post. So don't be surprised in case something goes wrong. What's the best post prog for yEnc currently?

T.Rieper
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias Rieper,

Myself, deoch and gunnm have been posting half a CD a day regardless of size, which I think is appropriate for an SVCD post in a VCD/SVCD group.

oblio has, for the most part, posted one VCD episode per day (approx.250MB) which is perfect for VCD since you can fit three per disc, and posting one and a half episodes per day would seem a bit silly.

So in your case I would suggest one episode per day, though that's entirely up to you of course.

This is what alt.binaries.vcd does which works very well. I don't think the posting limits suggested for ABA/ABMA should be applied to ABAV. I'm trying to work out an FAQ with Keikai for ABAV.

Check Zen's site for the proper yEnc PowerPost which allows you to place the 'yEnc' in the subject line before the filename http://www.geocities.com/zenwebpage/yEncFAQ.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tobias Rieper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, I'll do one EP per day with one day rest between two EPs...

Maybe I'll start this weekend.

T.Rieper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum