abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Anyone know what happened to anime-daisuki lately?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ensui

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what happened to anime-daisuki lately? Reply with quote

Like crack, I depend heavily on that site. It's been down or refusing connections for the last one or two days--which is a long time for a crack addict. Mad Same is true for it's hosting domain--mayday-anime.

Anyone know what's going on? Are they just having temporary difficulties, or is there something more serious going on, or are they suddenly going private on us? Crying or Very sad

(Yeah, animeusenet is my other crack, but they're doing pretty well, so I'm fine there... tho they did miss my recent repost of hxh 45 in abmar. Confused ...no big deal... i understand if the crew is overworked. it just shows how much I visit it. Wink )

Thanks! =)
Onakra

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, frustrating to see it gone again. But for me the main domain is still working. Parts of Elite-Fansubs website also run from there and they still work. So I think it's just anime-daisuki that's having problems. Hope it'll be back soon...
ensui

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering if you refreshed your browser cache, because mayday-anime wasn't working for a chunk of time... but now it's back up for me, too. Maybe it's just going up and down.

But anime-daisuki is still down... Crying or Very sad
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what happened to anime-daisuki lately? Reply with quote

ensui wrote:
tho they did miss my recent repost of hxh 45 in abmar. Confused ...no big deal... i understand if the crew is overworked. it just shows how much I visit it. Wink )

I cover abmar and I'm on a bit of a later cycle than the others. Plus, I suspect if matt and G knew how lazy I really am, they be quite pissed. But sshhhh, don't tell 'em.

But the ep you mention was logged this morning - I even posted a comment about it one of the other forums Wink.

I never understood the relationship between the mayday and daisuki sites, but I also hope they are back soon (sans the Java-based ticker- caused no end of grief for me). The Anitv site appears to be failing into disrepair, especially with new titles, so daisuki was a nice supplement for information about episode counts and brief synopses.

-xo
ensui

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what happened to anime-daisuki lately? Reply with quote

xo wrote:
But the ep you mention was logged this morning - I even posted a comment about it one of the other forums Wink.
Thank you! ...now I feel bad for mentioning it. I didn't wanna push. Sumimasen. Embarassed

xo wrote:
I never understood the relationship between the mayday and daisuki sites, but I also hope they are back soon.
I thought mayday-anime was the hosting site--providing the hardware and technical support--for a bunch of other anime related sites, such as anime-daisuki, elite-fansubs, and some other fansub groups. It's along the same line as GeoCities hosting personal pages, Keenspot hosting webcomics, or Aniverse hosting Megatokyo and some other sites.

xo wrote:
(sans the Java-based ticker- caused no end of grief for me)
Heh, I hate website java, too. The shoot-the-monkey ad pissed me off so much that I disabled internet-zone java execution on my browser (IE). However, it still pops up that stupid dialog box telling me that I disabled java. But I found that popupkiller can kill those boxes, too, so I rarely had problems with anime-daisuki or other java ads anymore. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Info All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum