abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar...stop post?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoopynme

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar...stop post? Reply with quote

I only know of two usenet frequenters who are downing the post... If that's the case, it would probably be easiest/best for me to send to them directly so that they may grab other posts instead...

Well, while I was asking around, it seems another decided to grab it... But that still makes for very few interested parties...

There are 14 episodes (7 SVCD's) done that I know of so far... That leaves 5 more CD's for HnK to release on this format...

If not many are interested in this, maybe I should move on to posting a different series? Maybe...a licensed one?? Shocked Can't think of many fansubs done on svcd which haven't been posted yet, and has not yet been licensed.
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm a bit confused here. How can you know how many people are downloading your posts? Simply asking isn't going to give you the answer. There are plenty of silent leechers who will never post a single message. Where have you asked? I haven't seen you ask any questions about it in ABAV.

Anyway, I've been downloading them and I'm sure more than two or three other people are as well. Please continue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just asked around the IRC channel(s) I hang around in where more than half of each download from news...

No, I haven't gotten around to asking in the group yet since I don't feel the urge to install Agent again just to make that one post as I don't take an active part in discussions on the groups anymore...if ever really... Was actually considering posting a txt query if needs be...

But usually there would be at least one leecher who would speak up and demand for the next post if there were really enough "silent" leechers leeching to begin with--one comes out of his shell to speak up...^^;;

Other than that, the only ones I do know who are downing them are Jiss & Malachite...and normally, I'd be sending to them direct anyway... And while asking around...I've only gotten one other response...S/he just started downloading after I mentioned it... So I guess not everyone checks ABAV regularly Sad
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopynme wrote:
So I guess not everyone checks ABAV regularly

Well it's still a pretty small group and just recently had some life injected into it in April. I often announce my ABAV posts in ABA/ABMA so more people will know about them.

You didn't say if you were stopping or continuing the posts. I don't want to assume anything, so what are your plans?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one have been downloading TSFS, and then I have a whole network of people who don't have decent/any Usenet access who get files from me so...yeah, keep posting is my vote.
deoch

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: ~ Reply with quote

I was never really able to find a freeware solution to my cue building problem... But I still have the HnK rars for the third disc.. Once you post the second disc, I can post the third one if you'd like. I don't have the recently released (I think? I wasn't aware 7 SVCDs were out..) 5th disc, so I'll be downloading that one from the group if you continue to post ^^.
snoopynme

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Yep, Will resume posting...

Just been clearing out some space so my previously prepared rar's were deleted...figured I can always reimage/pack...

If you prefer the original pack rar's...I still have the recent most CD 6 & 7 original packed parts--least I think they are the original. ^^;

deoch, thanks for the offer for posting~ I'm ok with posting... Just that since I'm constantly uploading to others 24/7, my posting of Day 1 of 2 seemed to have stretched over the duration of the entire day Razz

I'll try to keep it to a daily posting then...or at least check to see when/if the two aforementioned downloaders finished downing them and post the next patch, etc.

Someone mentioned to me that she uses Isobuster to bin stuff & CDmage to make a cue sheet...Seems to work fine, and I do believe those are freeware, though CDmage may be in beta form...

Either way, I'll be posting them (So far have all of their cd 1 to 7 releases of the expected 12 for the entire series--CD 6 & 7 I just grabbed earlier this morning...). Thanks for the response. And sorry for the delay & confusion. ^^;;
(inc)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you've resolved this already, Snoopy, but just thought I'd mention how unknowable the actual number of leeches are. Right now I've just posted 3 Kenshin rips in that last 3 days -- new, medium quality postings in a series that seems to have its share of fan(atical)s, but the outward indications are that almost no one may be downloading it. There has not been one single part request or other type of message related to the new posts -- zero; nada. Of course I like to assume this just means everything is working as it should, but you just never know...

(inc)
snoopynme

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you're right... More are finding out about the group, though some ISP's still probably don't carry ABAV.

Hehe, saw a few requests for you to repost an entire ep for your kenshins...

Been downing and enjoying those! Thanks bunches!

I'm thinking I'll probably be taking another long break from posting after finishing up Sadamitsu & whatever is currently out for Sugar... Since most every other title is either licensed (though fansubbed) or R1 rips... As for fansubbed titles for TV series, not many are complete on svcd (eg. Mahoromatic 1-2 only, FMP 1-2 only--oh, right, ADV licensed that one, too o.O).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum