abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Ranma TV Season1 in Svcd - Coming shortly

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Ranma TV Season1 in Svcd - Coming shortly Reply with quote

As the title says, I'm almost ready, having prepped in advance enough episodes to fill a buffer. Most likely will be a abav exclusive thing. I'm aware that ampeg did 2 eps, but that dried up. Not trying to start anything nor get into anything, but you guys know I've always done things that I wanted to do. Not just for the heck of it. I'll venture that stuff I do is still some of the better jobs available. Anyway, I'll post a formal announcement in usenet when I'm ready, and converse first with the source of the discs whom I greatly appreciate for her lending me the dvds.

I'm rusty, I know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Ranma TV Season1 in Svcd - Coming shortly Reply with quote

Looking forward to the HQ Ranma – and having you posting again….

(inc)
Orqyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going a bit OT here, but sine you're the man to ask; Which yenc powerposter should I be using?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the *PostMost* PP2K hack:
http://www.usenetopia.com/YencPowerPostBuild3.zip

It's a little freer in form then some of the others -- won't complain unless you forget to put "yEnc" somewhere on the subject line.

It also seems to be the one Jürgen Helbing mentions as an *alternative*:
http://www.winews.net/yenc/broken.htm

(inc)
Orqyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of note to anyone still following this thread. I did a slight booboo, in that I already started posting in regular mpg form. Reading Tux lan's nfo gave me the bright idea to stick chapter data in the svcds, and so I did. Unfortunately that bin/bue format will have to start with Vol2/Eps3-4. So I'll continue the post of eps 1,2 in standard mpg. I'll also post the text file with chapter data in it so anyone who wishes to do so can also convert, err stick in the chapter data. I'll also post this same msg verbatim to the NG.

Really not too hard if you follow doom9's guide. I did it in about 5 mins. today. If that's too much time for you, I suggest you get a faster microwave then while you're at it.

If you have anything else to say, look up the 10 commandments of usenet.
(inc)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Hennessy's?

(inc)
Orqyman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I guess I meant more

The primary rules of USENET:

1. Nobody owes you anything.
2. Don't spam.
3. Nobody owes you anything.
4. You get more results by being nice than by being rude.
5. Nobody owes you anything.
6. Search for answers yourself before asking for help.
7. Nobody owes you anything.
8. Don't post off-topic.
9. Nobody owes you anything.
10. See rule no. 1.

Been seeing quite a bit of that off of a.b.monter-movies which I somehow keep mentioning. I did lookup Hennessy's 10, and it reads for a good laugh :)
(inc)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orqy,

A weird thing. I was missing part21.rar of your post, but had part01.P01 already to fix it. When I ran Smartpar, it showed all the RAR file names that it was looking for as beginning with Ranma« instead of Ranma½. Looking at the P01 with an editor showed them as Ranma½ inside the P01 though. A couple seconds with ZTree changed all the file names and the part was recovered with np.

Don’t know what character set Smartpar was defaulting to – I thought it might just be something XP was telling it on my machine – but I copied ‘em to my Win98 box and it showed the same thing, again with Smartpar.

(inc)
Orqyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, I typed up a reply but hit ctrl-n (from agent) and instead all was lost... I'll redo the best I can:

Someone posted a Ranma ep with pars a while ago and running FSRaid (the par program I use) it had issues with the ½ as well. I believe that parity set was made from smartpar. So since the opposite has occurred now, I guess the two programs differ on how they do char. sets.

Just in case, I'll make sure it doesn't happen anymore by just not putting in the nifty ½. Doesn't matter from now on anyway since I'll be posting bin/cue. And, it was my fault; somehow I missed part21.
(inc)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I loved that ½ too... ;-( 'Course with Unicode we get ⅓ ⅔ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ and ⅞ (and those ?/8 sure changed looks on the c&p from Character Map).
Surprised no one is using them in a nick.

(inc)

...or my new (very temp) nym...

⅔_gone

...edited to add: All my fractions disintegrated to *Uni-decimals* in the Preview. Ack. Well I'll leave them anyway and people can try to figure out what I was talking about.
Keikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong on this but it might be worth looking into. I know one of the parity programs doesnt process unicode properly, and it looks like it's SmartPAR.

Even though I prefer SmartPAR, I keep FSRaid installed for two situations which SmartPAR doesnt handle well, and one of those is unicode.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum