abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Poll for Ranma½ TV Season 03 - Divx or SVCD?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orqyman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Poll for Ranma½ TV Season 03 - Divx or SVCD? Reply with quote

What'll it be Divx or SVCD?

I can't decide myself, so I'll let you guys. No radio button poll because I want some words to go with why.

Just FYI Svcd would be 2 eps per disc. Divx (ogm really) would be at least 3 maybe 4. Quality wise the 2 competitors would be all they can be.

Also, lets not get into a format war over this. I'm just listening to what people have to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++OGM

(inc)
Wait, hmm... some words... Caps are coming into style -- and I don't mean on heads.
Chung

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either works, but for what it's worth.. the Ranma SVCDs I've been downloading have been converted to DivX.. 2/cd kinda hurts.. 4/cd feels more comfortable for me.

Also, somewhat off topic, during converion.. I've been throwing them all to film, 24fps.. hope this isn't wrong.. seems ok though.. and if you do divx.. would be looking at 24fps or 30fps? More to do with quality.. since you can eek a bit better looking vid off 24fps than 30fps with same vid rate?
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVCD for me.

I prefer to watch everything on my TV rather than my computer. My DVD player plays VCD/SVCD and I convert every DivX AVI I get to VCD or SVCD. That's a lot of converting so I love it when I can download a movie or series that's already in VCD/SVCD.

You started the Ranma encodes in SVCD so why not continue in the same format?

btw, why are you skipping season 02, did I miss something?

Oh, and thanks for season 01.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anne_leigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd go with other format... whether it's divx or ogm. as long as i could fit more than 2 eps per cd without much hassle and without losing quality.

thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inc:

I got your reply about Witch Hunter Robin. I'm grabbing all I can in retrospect, don't seem to grab ep1's anymore due to laziness and ignorance, but thanks for the heads up.

chung:

Reason you throw them to film is because they already are in film format. Svcd is deceptive in that it's played back on any player, dvd2avi included as ntsc. Whether it's 23.976 or 29.97, you can't tell based off the player. As always, I do every encode in film format, unless it's captured.

Neuralblastoma:

np. I skipped S2 for 2 reasons. There were previously ogm encodes of it already being posted. I don't belive they were ever concluded however, so that might be something to look into; also Snoopy had been sending me what she has of S2 in Svcd. Atm, I'm trying to finish it in svcd to keep with consistency. The other reason, I don't have it Sad

Looks like this thread is slowing a bit, so I'll take what I have at this pt and go with ogm. Mind you svcd has one really big benefit in compatibility with consoles, but looks like consensus warrants economy of discs. I'll decide when I start messing with the material as to whether stick 3 or 4 eps per disc, tradeoffs for each.

And if you haven't read animeondvd.com's news about the boxset already, it's apparently a reoccurring theme lately with QA being non-existent. Eps 23, 24 are dubbed only, jpn and eng are both eng. I confirmed this today with my own set. Should I reach that point and have to stop, most likely it'll be due to the problem not being resolved at that time. I do expect them to take care of the problem expediently, as this is no small glitch. Does it really take that much time away to sit down and watch what you're about to release? I dodged a bullet with Escaflowne movie (freeze in ch.12 for a couple people). But I'm not so lucky this time.
Orqyman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't logged in for that reply... I guess I must have timed out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oblio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVCD for me. But only because you started that way and my obsessive compulsive streak DEMANDS consistancy.

Of course, if you OGM it, I can reencode. *shrug* So follow your heart I guess.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum