abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Best database for Anime eps?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vulpix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:26 am    Post subject: Best database for Anime eps? Reply with quote

Hi

Do any of you run a database for cataloging your Anime eps? If so what do you use? I`ve currently got a Excel spreadsheet with most of mine in, but it wouldn`t be hard to convert that to any format.

Cheers

Vulpix
Melchior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an excel spreadsheet, with Autofilter enabled on all my columns (data -> filter -> AutoFilter). I have columns for the series name, number of episodes, type (movie/oav/tv), sub/dub, CD location, format (mpeg/divx, etc), whether I've got a complete series, etc.

Autofilter lets me quickly get to a particular episode title, or filter the spreadsheet to only show movies, or to show if I have all the eps in a series, or to show only series in a particular location (I'm using 200-CD binders currently), or anything like that. I find it pretty convenient, and it's served me well.

Later,
-Melchior
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use a text editor, with spaces to line up the columns.
Primitive, but ultimately portable and does the job. Less
trouble than mucking about with special-purpose programs.
matt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a pulg here, the next version of animeusenet.org will let you add our database entrys to your own "lists" which you can either store and manage on the web site or have a file generated from your list and download it.
The new site should be ready by the end of the month.
Keikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was covered a good bit here:

http://abma.x-maru.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=143

Might be worth a look.
fureimu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a set of ugly PHP files I wrote along with a PostgreSQL database to store everything; pretty nifty as it's fully searchable/sortable in whatever way I could possibly imagine, and it's pretty easy to interact with the database.

If anyone want the scripts I'd be happy to provide them; but they're not so pretty. ^_^
tomreivik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to use the text file method. For me, atleast, it allows the most flexibility and isn't as complicated as a database (my excursions into php/mysql fail, a lot) or as restrictive. There are a bunch of neat things I'd like to do with a database for my anime list but unfortunatly I don't have the time to patience to learn SQL beyond the basics.

I think the biggest problem I have though is keeping it up to date these days...
Saeren

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new option on animeusenet.org sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out once it's up. I'm lazy about cataloging. Maybe an online solution will help me out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum