abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Tenamonya Voyagers - ogm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orqyman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Tenamonya Voyagers - ogm Reply with quote

Coming shortly, as a filler in between long series posts. Well, Esca was that too, but I liked this short OAV. Thanks to Snoopy for sending to me in the first place in svcd originally, and waku for encoding it. I'm not going to go in depth here, but 1 ep per cd is a bit much (or little).

At this point, I've finished the first 2 eps, and all I have to say, is I've hit saturation. Meaning cranking up the br yields file size increases of 1,2,3 megs. It refuses to grow. A good thing I guess. Matter is, it won't be perfect 702 megs like you're used to. Unless I try sticking all 4 on 1 cd which is a possibility as well, but I rather use an extra cd, and put more features on there.

Within the next couple days, abma.

Links below.
http://www.animetric.com/tuv/tv.html
http://www.animefu.com/index.pl?node=Tenamonya%20Voyagers
http://www.pioneer-ent.com/tenvoy1.html

and one in Deutsche
http://www.jasms.de/anime/tenamonya/tenamonya_start.html

Hopefully, as school draws near for my 4th trip around, I'll get into it more seamlessly than I did last yr. And heres hoping I keep it up past that. I get like this around this time of yr.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gorunova

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most excellent! I've had the first two eps for a while now and been hoping the rest would show up. Looking forward to your post.
Orqyman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to delay it a day while I re-encode. Gknot decided to change the res on me while I wasn't paying attention. Should be 432 not 436. Don't worry, 436 will never see the light of day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oblio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you beat me!

I've been sitting on that DVD for quite a while just waiting until I had the cycles to do the encodes (who am I kidding- it's NWN that is stealing my time).

Oh well, I'll have to dream up another project to benefit the ab[m]a community. ^_^

Probably just as well since I've been meaning to get to it for around 6 months now.
waku

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Orqyman

ur encode rocks !! I really like OGM+Vobsub. Lately, I feel so down in SVCD coz its bitrate limitation. After I put Remote Control to my PC, I feel no difference from standalone player.. It's really convenient with open file on screen option in Zoom Player.

Cheers
anne_leigh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the posts. but i have one problem with it. is there a way to convert vobsub files to other format? coz vobsub has never been really friendly to my laptop [p3 600 256 mb ram] and even with my bro's pc [p3 800 384mb ram i think ]. we've checked in both pc and everytime we use vobsub, the cpu consumption is almost always steady @ 100 percent, which desyncs the subs and the audio/video file.

any kind of help would be very much appreciated.

thanks
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-

I just noticed something after de-archiving ep2 - it has a .sub file which was rar'd within the greater rar set.

Did ep1 also have a .sub file? If so, I must've not noticed and accidentally chucked it - could you email it to me (xo@x-maru.org) or post it somewhere?

-xo
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please disregard the above request for 01.sub - oblio kindly pointed me to his fills server which had the file as a separate download. Thanks much, oblio!

-xo
Orqyman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, isn't that the way it always is, the second you look away is when someone posts. Ahh, good to know you got what you needed. And to clarify.

Vobsub can read subs directly from rars, which is why subs are now rared. The catch is the .idx file must still be visible for Vobsub to pick up on it. Reason to rar is because .sub files compress quite a bit. When you're ~702 megs, every bit you can squeeze matters when you don't want an overburn. Overburn? Screw it.
Melchior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orqyman wrote:
Vobsub can read subs directly from rars

Sweet, I'm glad you mentioned that! My 16x burner doesn't overburn, and I was wondering how to compress the OGM file to shave off 2 megs, but RARing the sub files again brought the size down juuuuust enough.

Thanks,
-Melchior
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, Orqyman!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum