abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

temporal incursions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: temporal incursions Reply with quote

not really though.. talking anime.. not star trek.. so I'm talking about temporal smoothers.

I've seen a couple people talk about using them.. I've had the plugin for a while and gave it a shot on some eps I'm encoding for friends, going for 5eps/disc at high quality as possible.. so I just want to make sure this sounds right..

Before temporal smoother.. encoded ep came out at 145MB.. after adding temporal smoother, it's a smidge over 127MB.. a large difference for just one filter.. sound odd to anyone?

--Chung
Melchior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty typical-- I think the temporal smoother reduces the amount of change from a pixel in one frame to the same pixel in the next frame, thus reducing the amount of data required for the next frame, saving space.

Or so I think.
Chung

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like I might be using it a bit more.. seems to do well...

on the same ep I was working on, I got the size down to 112mb.. using the same bitrate or greater than I was when I wrote the first post.. 1100kbps.. kinda surprised me as I've never gotten such high quality with such small file size before. But works for me.

Playing with temporal smoother more.. turning it all the way up.. it looks almost as if it's averaging current and next frames together, or something of the like.. maybe I'll actually take the time to look it up now that I've finally gotten a coding project out of the way for school.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Encoding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum