abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

How many anime DVDs do you have?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onakra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:15 am    Post subject: How many anime DVDs do you have? Reply with quote

We had a thread not so long ago with people indicating how large their anime CD collection was. I would like to see how many anime DVDs you have.

Let's count only anime (if you want you can also specify all your DVDs of course) as titles. So 1 boxset is also 1 title.

Currently I have:

73 R1 titles (of which 8 boxsets and/or special editions)
and 14 titles on order

25 R2 titles (of which 12 boxsets and/or special editions)
and 4 titles on order (1 box)

boxsets above are titles with 3 actual discs or more.

anime is now more then 50% of my entire DVD collection (92 'regular' titles) and lately I've only bought anime. Too bad all those R2's are so expensive...

Onakra
earthdark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, I'm a poor bastard - at $40 a pop, DVDs are prettymuch out of my range so in total, after all these years, I have... one DVD. And that's Grave of the Fireflies (one of my childhood movies), when it does come out, and when I do have enough money, I plan to buy Laputa too.
Jiss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a pitiful 14 with another couple on order, but that's mainly because of those only one is region two coded (my zone), and I regret getting that (it was a present - the Mononoke Hime UK R2 which they thoughtfully put only dubtitles in so you get to read the text during long periods of silence on the Japanese audio) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: I have a cunning plan... Reply with quote

I only have a handful of titles: maybe 9 or 10 R1's, and 2 R2's (with 1 title on order.) Anime is actually my entire DVD collection; I have no live-action discs except for a Black Adder boxset that someone got me for Christmas... Smile
oblio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDs- 2. Arislan and Lupin-CoC.
LDs. About 50. :)

One of my goals was to convert all my LDs to SVCD, but MAN has that been a pain. Becuase of the prevalence of using the closed caption track for the subs, I've had to fish for fansubs and retime anything I work on. :/
Melchior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I haven't bought as much as I would've liked in the last year due to financial issues, but:

I've got 39 anime DVDs
(counting my 7 box-sets as single DVDs...)

...and 48 commercial-release anime VHS tapes (I've got lots of fansubs in boxes around the garage as well, but the garage isn't heated, and it's cold out, so I'm not going there...)

...And I've got AnimEigo's new KOR (TV) DVD box set on order! Word from AE is that they'll be shipping it on March 15!
Orqyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Musicman being the other huge junki in this area. But since we're counting DVDs and not burned cds..

I only collect DVDs and no VHS or LDs whatsoever, since that's just me and that's what the topic is.

57 R1 7 Boxsets

5 ebay/R0 Boxsets (ghetto I know) (All 15 DVDs of Ranma Tv counting as 1)

4 R2

Looks like Onakra's got the lead since R2's = (2x,3x R1) >= R0
But it was well worth my lunch money. I used to eat gold bricks, now just silver ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, cannot afford as many as I'd like, and I've only recently begun buying DVDs. I have only six.
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 movies + 3 boxed sets (counting each Fushigi Yuugi boxed set individually).

No tapes or LD - I never had much interest in collecting until the advent of digital media.

-xo
Onakra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orqyman wrote:

I remember Musicman being the other huge junki in this area. But since we're counting DVDs and not burned cds..

Yes I know. I had the link to Musicman's site, but it seems I've lost it somehow.

Orqyman wrote:

Looks like Onakra's got the lead since R2's = (2x,3x R1) >= R0

I wasn't intending this like a race or something; I'm just interested. Of course I should have included VHS and LDs as well...

Onakra
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 by my count. All R1. Just found out how to play other regions on my player, though, so that may change. It helps getting a 30% discount off all DVDs. I love my job.
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money thing is always pretty tight for me. I have 28, only 9 of which are anime. I'll also sometimes spend stupid amounts of money on special editions or imports of horror films so that doesn't help my anime collection much.

I just got a DVD player in August 2001.

VHS pre-records(commercial) - 28
Fansub VHS - alot. Way too many to count.
CD-R's - Too many to count.
LD's - 0
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Musicman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys

Here's a count of my Anime DVDs

10 from Region 2 (sort of stopped getting these)

201 Region 1

23 Region 1 Boxset

I have seriously cut back on my purchases. You don't want to know how many I have not seen and are sitting on my shelf unopened.

Lately, I have been getting into Japanese Drama and just recently broke the 800 burned anime cdrs. Got over 100 cdrs of jdrama.

Stay away from jdrama...that's addicting too.

Last week I put together another DVD rack (holds 648 DVDs) and I'm hoping that it will be a couple of years before I need to get another.
Orqyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, not a race or competition. Still quite impressive to speak of.

someone teach me to quote someone.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oblio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orqyman wrote:

someone teach me to quote someone

If you look on the right of a message, there is a little button called "quote". That will automaticly quote the message and insert it in the editor.

Alteratively, you can just use the quote mechanism by highlighting text and selecting the quote button above the text edit window, or using the tag system:

<quote="whofrom">text</quote> Except with square brackets.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum