abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Posting [00/##] files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Posting [00/##] files Reply with quote

Would anyone happen to know how to set up yenc Power Post 2000 to allow me to add a [00/##] info file to my posting?

Help greatly appreciated,

-Oni [Ani-Kraze]
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click the 'Add files...' button (or select 'Add files to Queue...' from the 'File' menu or just CTRL-Q) and choose the files you intend to post. Hit the 'Open' button (or press enter/return).

Now you'll have a dialog box with 4 tabs showing. They are 'Subject', 'Newsgroups', 'Prefix (0/N) Text', and 'File Order'.

In the 'Subject' tab enter a subject line for your post (as per FAQ guidelines) keeping "$F" as the last entry on the subject line. Something like:

[Ani-Kraze] Fubar episode 1 ($1 of $2) (Divx3/sub) -yEnc- "$F"

Then choose a group to post to in the 'Newsgroups' tab.

I adjust the file posting order in the 'File Order' tab next. I put a .SFV and/or .par file first, then the archives, and then any parity data files (P**).

Lastly I goto the 'Prefix (0/N) Text' tab. Check the 'Send Prefix Text With' checkbox and select the 'First File Only' radio button. Type or paste in the text you want in your 0 file into the dialog box. Info like fansub group's full name/web/irc info, further info on the post like extended encoding format information, and any repost or fills requesting guidlines. You get the idea.

When you're ready hit the 'OK' button at the very bottom of the dialog and your files will be queued up and ready to go. Double check that everything's there and in the order you want. You'll see the first file in the queue listed with 'Parts to Post' showing 1/1+0 now. There's your 0 file. Smile

PP2K has some other nice features too like 'Hold Files'. Very handy.
Oni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what I wanted to know. I already knew how to use the rest of the program, but good info anyway:P

arigato gozaimasu
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum