abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

PowerPost Help Needed

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HollyBerries

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: PowerPost Help Needed Reply with quote

Every once in a while I get it into my head that I'm going to contribute to the group more, even though usually I don't have a lot to add since people usually jump on posting the new releases pretty quick. All the same, as I was manually pasting a new subject header, groups list and manually resetting the default settings for and attaching a file to each separate segment of my Tokyo Mew Mew post the other day, I was like "I've REALLY got to get a program to do this."

So the consensus seems to be that PowerPost 2000 is the bee's knees. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be an "official" site for the program and there's like, a billion different versions of it out there. Could someone point me to where I can get what is generally considered to be the "best" version? And then after that I'm sure I'll have a billion more questions on settings and whatnot, but I'll save those for when I've had a look at the thing and see what I can figure out on my own Wink

HB
Oni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want the version called "yEnc Power Post 2000". yEnc is a text encoding scheme for usenet that only has a 4% or so overhead. The other (old standard) encoding scheme had almost 47% overhead.

Link for you sir:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/morganpugh/yenc_powerpost2000_site/downloads.htm

You want this file:
yEnc Power Post 2000 V1.3 Build 25 (yEnc Build 5)

Also, make sure you are using at least winrar 3.x and use one par for every 5 rar archives.
I would also suggest keeping the rar files split to 15mb at the most, prefereably somewhere between 10 and 15. I use 14 myself. THis makes an average series episode be between 11-14 files, which works well + 3 par files.

And remember, older anime/non newer releases go in a.b.m.a.repost (which has a huge retention and holds your file longer), new releases in a.b.a or a.b.m.a
Keep it to 1 file per day. If you have 2, either wait a day between each or post one in a.b.a and one in a.b.m.a (how I do it when my group releases 2 ep's in a day). Following that little guideline makes all of our loves so much better,
Thank you, good luck. Post back any other questions you might have

-Oni [Ani-Kraze]
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Zen has the most commonly used 'good' version of yEnc pp2k on his yEnc FAQ page.

I think it can also be found here (link thanks to inc if memory serves).
Onakra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like development on Power-Post 2003 has started with a pretty impressive featurelist (http://www.cosmicwolf.com/PowerPost/powerpost.htm):

- Supports posting to multiple servers simultaneously
- Upload with up to 8 connections at once per server
- Encode uploaded files using either UU-ENCODE or yENC
- Unattended Auto-Retry on disconnects and server down-time.
- Uploads can be stopped and restarted from where it left off.
- Upload speed limit can be set and changed while uploading.
- Posting progress window graphically displays progress of each active connection
- Every file to post has a start time, allowing you to schedule posts days or weeks in advance
- Support for queuing and splitting up large posts into multiple days, automatically scheduling them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Newsgroups Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum