abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Kenshin Seisouhen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Kenshin Seisouhen Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone knew how many different versions have been released. The first thing I ever grabbed was AU-F's release of episode 1. Then I got nadv's? release which stated "NOT Subtitled by ADV" which I guess might be what the 'n' stood for. I've never even heard of the group before. The latest thing I've gotten is the "DVD-rip" by ani-net. Does anyone know if they subtitled it or if that's a rip too? The translation was pretty bad. The only quality picture out of the bunch was ani-net's release, though.

AKUFansubs released a beautiful fansub of episode 2. The picture is gorgeous, it's at a higher resolution and the text is probably the best I've ever seen in a fansub. The translation came through amazingly as well. Thinking I'd finally found something I can convert to XVCD, I jump on ETG only to find that their channel has been shut down. Does anyone know if they ever did a release of the first episode? Also of interest, the opening says AKUFansubs, but the credits have Sakabatou-fansubs at the top. I didn't know if maybe that was just the group they formed within AKUFansubs to handle the Kenshin release. Any information would be great, as it would probably at least point me in the right direction.

Also, I'm not looking for anyone to post this if they do have it. It's been WAY too soon since the last post of a version of this and the groups are taking a beating already. I just want to know if it exists. I'm a little interested in why AKU-F's channel got shut down too.
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKUFansubs was kicked off ETG for serving licensed anime (like seisou hen) and ETG doesn't like that.
ETG enforces those kind of things quite well. AKU then moved to another network and got kicked off again.
They're currently at #akufansubs on irc.echoflare.net and irc.cobra.net if I have to believe the messages in the Hunter X Hunter eps (I haven't checked).

And indeed the subbers for seisou hen seem to be a few people from AKU who have chosen another name for that release.
According to http://envirosphere.com/ AnimeUnion also did ep 1.

But, just to be frank, the quality on my DVD is the best there is! Wink
AlienBoy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but without the subtitles...I'm actually saving up to send off my order for it. After watching the 3 different versions I have, I probably don't even need subtitles anymore. Thanks for the info. I figured it was something along those lines.
Onakra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a regionfree player in your PC and get http://www.dvdsubber.com/
and subscribe at http://www.scriptclub.org/ you have scripts for a lot of DVDs.

Since it's licensed it'll come out on R1 eventually; no fixed date yet AFAIK. But it'll be a lot cheaper than the R2.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum