abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

T3: Target Arctic Animation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: T3: Target Arctic Animation Reply with quote

This is something I've been wanting to share for a long time. It's a fan-made parody
and remains my favorite. Sure there have been some other good fan parodies, but to me T3
is still the best.

Made in 1995 using shitloads of equipment, it has a running time of about 18 minutes.
This was before you could do a project like this on a fast pc. Make sure to read the credits
at the end. Not only are some of them funny, but the guy lists all the video equipment he used.

Unless you've been an anime for about 10 years(I've been one for 14)you may not get all
the references. Here are some references that may need some explaining:

Arctic Animation: This was a VHS mail order fan-subbing group based in Vancouver Canada. I'm not sure when they ceased to exist, but I don't think they made it to 1997. They were very well known but as the worst fan-subbers of all time. Poor picture quality, bad translations, bad timing, bad everything. They redeemed themselves towards the end of their existance though with their Magic Knight Rayearth releases. The difference between the MKR releases and their releases of titles like Kimagure Orange Road was astonishing. You'd never guess it was the same group.

Enrique Conty: He's this guy who told people he would copy them fansubs if they sent him blank tapes. Something like 300 people sent him tapes and he never sent any back. If you do a Google search on him it will turn up mostly convention related hits as well as some translation and poll stuff.

Trish: I know I probably don't need to explain this one to most people, but for anyone who is very new to anime...The Trish is Trish Ledoux of Viz Video. She did the Ranma tranlations and was a major part of Viz and the magazine Animerica and before that Animag. I haven't bought an issue of Animerica for several years so I have no idea what if anything she does for them now. Loved by some, hated by many.

Carl Macek: Another one that I probably don't need to explain, but anyway...Dubbed the "Anti-Christ" by Macross fans, Carl Macek is the guy who changed it into Robotech. He also had a dub-only company called Streamline Pictures which released all kinds of crappy dubs of great anime like Akira, 3x3 Eyes, Lupin III, Dirty Pair(my poor girls!), Doomed Megalopolis and so on. One thing I always hated about him was that he wrote additional dialogue in everything he released. Anytime characters were off-screen, had their faces turned away from the camera or something he would have them talking when in the original Japanese version they said nothing. In Dirty Pair: Flight 005 Conspiracy, characters on a ship are seen moving their mouths but we don't hear any dialogue. It was for dramatic effect. In Streamline's dub, they speak and thus ruining the original atmosphere of the scene.

Dosu Productions: Another fansubbing VHS mail-order group that didn't mail out over 700 requests.

I think that's all that may need explaining.

Posting will be either late Sunday March 23 or Monday March 24 and will be in both DivX (ABA/ABMA) and SVCD(ABAV).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. Thanks NB. I hope they put Carl Macek in his place for crimes against Kei and Yuri. Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum