abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Hand Maid Mai 01: anbu vs. r-b

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(inc)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Hand Maid Mai 01: anbu vs. r-b Reply with quote

Maybe save someone some time...

Can't remember what I compared the anbu version of Hand Maid Mai ova 01 to before (A-Faith, XenonF or A-G), but I thought I'd look at its subs relative to the just posted r-b version.

I just used the first few minutes to reach the conclusion that the anbu version was still the better: besides grammer, the accuracy of the r-b version leaves a bit to be desired.

A representative example:
0:26 -- seeing a video camera shot after an inquiry on the quality of the recording....
r-b: "Your hand movement is terrible, Mai."
anbu: "It was shaking too much, Mai."

I don't speak Japanese, but it seemed r-b missed the point.

Video quality difference is about what you'd expect considering the anbu is sized for 3/disc, the r-b for 4/disc; that is, a few more artifacts in motion shots in the r-b.

I will say that r-b's uses a little larger, blockier font that may be more legible when pumping the avi to a TV (I usually watch on a pretty large monitor so I frequently forget that consideration)

(inc)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum