abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

What are you watching now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chung

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking Scrapped Princess as well. From ep1, think it was the animation/drawing style that pulled me into initially. it's pwetty.

Started picking off some negelected anime that I had downloaded the other day, Gad Guard among them.. seems to be an ok anime.. though looking at it reminded me a lot of Overman King Gainer..

Last Exile is one I look forward to downloading and watching about as soon after. E's Something is ok, not a "gotta have it" for me.. but I follow it. I've got the two eps of Texh, I think.. haven't looked at them yet.. still neglecting. Instead, I put focus into filling holes in my Inuyasha since I saw a repost going through in abmar. Somehow, I managed to sit through, in the past couples days, from ep 96 to 105.

Getbackers, I rather liked.. but I trudged through the eps up till the Infinite Castle arc started. Went pretty decent from there.

I have those YKK eps from long ago.. posted over a year ago. Not the best quality, if I remember.. might have been VCD. But I do have them, I can up the second OAV if you'd like. There's a site with the translated manga too, up to the most recent release and is actively updated. http://ykk.misago.org (heh, the root domain tells you how much they like ykk).
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chung wrote:
I have those YKK eps from long ago.. posted over a year ago. Not the best quality, if I remember.. might have been VCD. But I do have them, I can up the second OAV if you'd like.

There are 2 YKK OVA's now.

The first called "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou" had 2 episodes and has been posted several times. Episode 2 was posted again just a little while back.

The second OVA is called "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou~Quiet Country Cafe" and I think it's a 4 episode OVA. The first episode has been sub'd and posted and I think the 2nd episode has been released but I haven't seen it sub'd and posted yet (though I haven't checked the groups yet today).
Chung

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOoOoOOooo.. haven't heard wind of a second OAV at all.. erg, crap.. that means I missed it.

Ahh, just checked animeusenet.org .. at least I can still pull it down from easynews. YKK is nice.. I would've been sorely disappointed if I had missed it completely. Thanks.
snoopynme

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First OVA:

1) Yokohama Kaimono Kikou OVA 01 [BakaMX no Oyaji].ogm
2) Yokohama Kaimono Kikou OVA 02 [Oretachi].ogm

Second OVA:

1) Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - Quiet Country Cafe OVA 01 [AC&NLA].avi

----
So one seems to be Kaimono while the other is Kaidaishi, aside from the "Quiet Country Cafe" bit.
Gorunova

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:
And Shannon is the best Warrior/House Keeper since Kenshin, maybe even better.... Razz

Heh. On the other hand, I have a weakness for female mages with a knack for overkill. Smile
(inc)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorunova wrote:
I have a weakness for female mages with a knack for overkill. Smile
I'll confess, me too... The first anime character I felt the least bit fanish about was Lina Inverse. Raquel does have a touch of that -- a *sweet* version of Lina? Of course who knows where the SP herself will end up -- more on the distructive side obviously?

Daughter #3 recommended Kino no Tabi to me last night (I don't spend all my time composing tomes to snappy Twisted Evil -- actually spent too much time trying to figure out why my Betterman eps audio isn't right anymore). Watched the ODF sub and really enjoyed it as it has an interesting style. Obviously a huge back story of which you're given practically zero. Seemed totally episodic in the first ep. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this, as apparently (AnimeNfo) the series is already finished at 13 eps.

(...the site seems to be struggling, xo...)

(inc)
Kai-Jinn

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inc:

I have this => [AJ]Kino's_Travels_-_the_beautiful_world_-_00[AE33F497].avi

Downloaded it a long time ago. I haven't had time to watch it or the first episode of Kino no tabi, but it might give some background that you said ep1 was lacking. It is a little over 12 mins long and about 60 mb. If you don't have it and want me to upload it I can put it in abmar for you.
(inc)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that listed yesterday when I checked AnimeUsenet (the "AJ" put me in ignore mode when it was posted I guess). I'd be greatful if you reposted it; at first I thought both posts were the same with just a different interpretation of the ep numbering system, but obviously not.

(inc)
snoopynme

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also #unitedanime's version
---> [ua] Kino no Tabi - 00 [22A74CDF].avi

So you don't need to subject yourself to the AJ one... Wink

As for the number of episodes aired:

http://scac.prohosting.com/anime-caravan/broadcast_schedule4.htm

It would seem that the 5th one just showed.
Kai-Jinn

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already uploaded it =P
(inc)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks snoopynme and Kai-Jinn...

AnimeNfo actually having the # of ep listed before a series has ended?? -- don't think I've ever noticed that before. Well that would explain why more hasn't been posted.

And if anyone does watch this, no "My Mother the Car" or ... that-other-series-with-the-talking-car with the Bay-Watch-Guy whose name I can never remember .... jokes.

(inc)
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopyme wrote:
So one seems to be Kaimono while the other is Kaidaishi, aside from the "Quiet Country Cafe" bit.

Well, they're both 'Kaidashi' it's just that the BakaMX folks (and later Oretachi who are a sub group of the now defunct BakaMX I think) choose to use 'Kaimono' instead. Why? No clue, since I don't speak Japanese and can't comment on it based on meaning.

First OVA: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/1354.php
Second OVA:
Vol 1: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2087.php
Vol 2: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/2225.php

Well I was right that the 2nd episode of the 2nd OVA is out but I was wrong in thinking that there were going to be 4 episodes in OVA2. Crying or Very sad
xo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(inc) wrote:

(...the site seems to be struggling, xo...)

Sure enough - since about 6AM our time the ping times and packet loss have gone out of countrol. Seems to be settling down since the past hour or so.

http://abma.x-maru.org/~xo/ping.png

*sigh*

-xo
Gorunova

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Lina Inverse was my first love too, and is still a classic. Smile

As for Kino's Travels, I picked up episode #0 when it was posted a few weeks back and it seems really interesting. I'd definitely like to see more. #0 was a nice parable about keeping your goal in sight and wasted effort.

(inc) wrote:
And if anyone does watch this, no "My Mother the Car" or ... that-other-series-with-the-talking-car with the Bay-Watch-Guy whose name I can never remember .... jokes.

This may bring pain, but: Knight Rider. KITT. David Hasselhoff.

Sorry. I watched that show waaay too much back before I was old enough to know better. Along with Airwolf, the A-Team etc etc.

There was another show from around that time about a guy who could actually turn into a car and make 90-degree turns at high speed, but thankfully I never saw it and I don't know the title.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum