abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Gatchaman

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Gatchaman Reply with quote

I'll be posting Science Ninja Team Gatchaman in SVCD in ABAV and XviD in ABA/ABMA in a day or two.

I recently bought a DVD-ROM so I've been doing lots of ripping/encoding tests, which is why I haven't done any more of my old-timey VHS caps for awhile.

Gatchaman is the only anime title I have on DVD that hasn't been posted to death so I'll post what I have(vol.01-02) before going back to the VHS caps.

I was tempted to do Noir since I think my XviD test of episode 01 is the best Noir encode ever done, but if that's posted a couple more times nobody will ever buy it. I got the box with the T-shirt. Nifty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keikai

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, NB, particularly for releasing it in both formats as you do. Looking forward to your next batch of old school.
(inc)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate the dual format posts also -- thanks nb.

(inc)
Neuralblastoma

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problemo guys.

I still love SVCD, but now that I have a much higher-end system I'm having fun with DivX and XviD encoding.

I think I'll be sticking with XviD for the AVI encodes from now on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Melchior

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note, which may help if any newbie on usenet is having issues, is that the Gatchaman Xvid version won't play on last year's Xvid codec. The video kept crashing my Windows Media Player after a couple seconds of play-time (it's been about a year since I last updated my xvid codec). I updated to Nic's latest binary from http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html, and the videos play quite well now (works for long enough that I think the problem's solved, anyway).

Time to watch my some classic anime! Thanks for posting, NB!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Postings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum