abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

Is MCoG anime?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:09 pm    Post subject: Is MCoG anime? Reply with quote

It seems someone is gassin' up to post Mysterious Cities of Gold to the anime groups.

This was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, even though I could only watch it in French which I don't understand. But is it anime?

My understanding is that it's a French production that used Japanese animators, and that it was created long after what we now recognize as anime was well established.

I think it's a borderline case. I think it's more appropriate for ABMC, but I don't really have a strong objection to it being posted in the anime groups. I mean, Robotech was once posted to the anime groups. Wink

My real reason for posting this is: Should MCoG be logged at AnimeUsenet? Is it anime or not?
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around at the fan sites for it, certainly a lot consider it *anime* -- example:
ttp://www.madhousebeyond.com/?mode=docview&view=mcog

Gray area? Lets just be inclusive and consider it anime enough to be suitable for post and listing in Animeusenet. If everyone tried to ban borderline posts they might never get put up at all -- certainly a case could be made that it shouldn't be posted in abmc either. Hehe... I'd rather see it go up in both groups then neither.

(inc)
Gorunova

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well. It looks like he's posting it to ABMC anyway, so it's an SEP now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Anime Misc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum