abma.x-maru.org Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile

for the aj haters..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superjaded

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: for the aj haters.. Reply with quote

Here's even more reason to hate them. Wink

Unethical fansubs
Gorunova

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone needs an ass-kicking. But at the same time, I hope UV releases the series on DVD, for a reasonable price, in a decent amount of time. I don't want to wait five years to see a $30 price tag on the disks!
(inc)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound derogatory, but it's really not meant to be -- every time I see any *communication* from AJ types, they seem to be written by someone about 15 years old. If thatÂ’s actually the case, it may explain a lot.

(inc)
LaughnCynic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Those quotes belong under the entry for childish in the dictionary. What a way to goad a company into agressive legal action.

Can't say as I mind seeing sub groups continue to sub a series to the end even when it gets licensed since the lag between licensing and actual availability can be quite large. However in this case I get the impression this company sent them what sounds like a polite request. Mouthing off like petulant children throwing a temper tantrum is truely stupid.
Melchior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaughnCynic wrote:
Whoa! Those quotes belong under the entry for childish in the dictionary. What a way to goad a company into agressive legal action.

Can't say as I mind seeing sub groups continue to sub a series to the end even when it gets licensed since the lag between licensing and actual availability can be quite large. However in this case I get the impression this company sent them what sounds like a polite request. Mouthing off like petulant children throwing a temper tantrum is truely stupid.

I can't believe AJ wrote what they did. (their grammar was also typical of their fansubs).

On ANN, in their forum, a couple pages after where they posted AJ's letter, they posted the letter that UV sent to them-- it was only a few sentences long, it was very polite, and without even a hint of legal threat. I can't believe AJ responded as nastily as they did!
Gorunova

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AJ website has a response on its front page that's worth reading. They basically say (politely!) that they have complied with UV by stopping their Ninja Scroll fansubbing at episode 5, but they're going to continue to distribute the episodes they've already done.

Although it's a grey area, I don't think it's terribly wrong for them to do that, especially since they stopped the subbing.

However, the article does contain some bullshit about being middle of the road politically and makes no apology for their snot-nosed attitude in the quoted email. I think whoever wrote that email needs to be taken out back and re-educated. Evil or Very Mad
Melchior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that the grammar's good on AJ's website! i'm also offended by their webmaster's saying that they did what they felt was ethical-- I don't believe the response that they sent to UV was ethical in the slightest-- it was crude and unwarranted.
Orqyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely,

usually when there's an idiot on the net, he'll show up in singles or pairs at most. But in this case it sounds like there's a whole rats nest of them.

Not that I really know much about the different fansubbers. But it doesn't take much to figure out what is and isn't right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    abma.x-maru.org Forum Index -> Fansub Groups All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum